Uggg, the new Android app

jasonvr

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Haven't used my Bull in a bit and just fired it up and connected that app. Not liking the new design. Four things I'm seeing:
1) Way to easy to turn the smoker off. Just a click of the button and it's off as opposed to the old click/slide button
2) Can't change the temp scale on the graph. Maxes out at 1000 degrees making small variations invisible down in the 230 degree range
3) The graph doesn't update in real-time. The main screen does update, but if you've got the graph up, the right side of the timescale never seems to go later.
4) Temp graph can't go landscape mode.

Do they test these things out with real people before releasing them?

Haven't used my Bull in a bit and just fired it up and connected that app. Not liking the new design. Four things I'm seeing:
1) Way to easy to turn the smoker off. Just a click of the button and it's off as opposed to the old click/slide button
2) Can't change the temp scale on the graph. Maxes out at 1000 degrees making small variations invisible down in the 230 degree range
3) The graph doesn't update in real-time. The main screen does update, but if you've got the graph up, the right side of the timescale never seems to go later.

I have to agree. I wasn't aware of the new design. I started a brisket a short time ago but turned the 1250 on manually. It wasn't until I read your post that I looked at my cell phone. Yuck.

Yes They have Beta testers, but this one just kinda came out...
On top of what you reviewed the colors on the graph are awful as well... I can share your thoughts with them... They are always ready to listen good or bad.

Yes, the temp scale along with the time scale need to be pinch/zoom

What's the "More Data" supposed to do? It opens a little window with no functionality.
20220621_132526.jpg

I use iOS and sent a ticket in on your 3rd item for Schlitz and giggles😆

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Back