Two large turkeys

Sam53

Last year I smoked a large turkey and it came out perfect. This year I’m gonna smoke two large turkeys. Odd question, but does the fact their are two birds on the grill change the total cook time???

Last year I smoked a large turkey and it came out perfect. This year I’m gonna smoke two large turkeys. Odd question, but does the fact their are two birds on the grill change the total cook time???
My guess would be not too much, if any. Let us know how it turns out. It will be just one big one for us this year, but some day I could see it being two.

My guess would be not too much, if any. Let us know how it turns out. It will be just one big one for us this year, but some day I could see it being two.
I would agree with you in theory 😃. I’ll let ya know. The table has to grow with the family….🤣

Your temps with 2 cold birds may make a bit of a difference until they start to warm but shouldn't be a big deal. I would go with some higher temps and a smoke tube ( if extra smoke is needed ) to get yourself beyond the 140° in reasonable time

I would agree with you in theory 😃. I’ll let ya know. The table has to grow with the family….🤣
Both turkeys came out perfectly!!! Both cooked according to schedule. The big bird was on before the little bird at 225. No issues at all…

Your temps with 2 cold birds may make a bit of a difference until they start to warm but shouldn't be a big deal. I would go with some higher temps and a smoke tube ( if extra smoke is needed ) to get yourself beyond the 140° in reasonable time
Thanks! Both birds smoked without a problem…

I did a 19.7 and a 15.6 this year together. I expected them to take as long as my 19.5 last year and they ended up being done in 7 hours @235. Must be that I switched to heritage breed.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Back