Bullseye Turkey on the Bullseye?

Cracker51

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
  2. Stampede
  3. Bullseye
Just got a new Bullseye and have to wonder if it’s big enough for cooking a turkey next week. Anyone have any experience with that ?

Maybe if it's really small, otherwise spatchcock. I have a weird oven setup that I'll roast my bird in and is too good to ignore but I bought a turkey breast alone to smoke. I also have access to a free frozen bird my sister got from work that she won't eat, Vegetarian. Might spatchcock that and smoke but that's way too much Turkey for Pandemic sized crowd. It's frozen too so it can wait until Christmas.

It depends on the size of your bird. 15-17# turkey, and you should be fine. However if you have one of those monster 22+ pound birds, it may not fit without hitting the dome. Having said that, spatchcocking is, IMO, the only way to cook a turkey or a chicken. It just cooks so much more evenly, and the size of the bird is not a concern. BTW, I’d recommend using a drip pan on top of your diffuser.

Just got a new Bullseye and have to wonder if it’s big enough for cooking a turkey next week. Anyone have any experience with that ?
Maybe if it's really small, otherwise spatchcock. I have a weird oven setup that I'll roast my bird in and is too good to ignore but I bought a turkey breast alone to smoke. I also have access to a free frozen bird my sister got from work that she won't eat, Vegetarian. Might spatchcock that and smoke but that's way too much Turkey for Pandemic sized crowd. It's frozen too so it can wait until Christmas.
Okay. Thanks. That was my thought as welll. I have other recteqs but I’m going to be traveling and thought I might try it.

I just tested a 6lb chicken spatchcock last night at 350f for about an hour and came out perfect.
I have a 12lb turkey I will do basically the same on Thurs.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back