Tri Tip on the Bull

capturtle

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
I applied Santa Maria Rub and sat for two hours. Smoked at 225F until an internal temperature of 128F. Rested 20 minutes or so. Seared on my Weber gas grill on Grillgrates.

Tender and juicy.

Attachments

• IMG_2212.jpeg
    IMG_2212.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 117
  • IMG_2209.jpeg
    IMG_2209.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 106
  • IMG_2200.jpeg
    IMG_2200.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 94
Looks good. I never have tried these yet. I just picked up some pre-marinade ones on sale at Kroger. Gonna give them a try over the weekend.

Looks Good!. I have cooked 1 on my 700. Hard to find around here and expensive when you do.

New tri tip fan here. Pic is from Thursday.
Dry brined. Then rubbed with Heifer dust and a no-salt burger seasoning. 225⁰ on my 590 till about 125 internal - fat side down.
Turned the Stampede up to full, waited till 'bout 550, flipped for a few minutes and ...my oh my... nice medium rare---perhaps the tastiest piece of beef I have ever eaten.

Attachments

• IMG_1594944021297.jpg
    IMG_1594944021297.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 70
I made a brilliant mistake move yesterday. A prime tri tip. Covered with Kosher salt, course pepper, garlic salt and competition rub. We like our meat med well if not well. After 3.5 hours damn thing hit the stall at 150 and sat. I was determined to let it cook thru the stall. But after another hour I was ..wait a minute. If I take it out and let it sit in foil it will get to temp. Final temp 156 sitting. Other than the wrap moistening the bark omg. That extra time on the Bull entered territories of moist tri tip smokey goodness that still have us stunned. Everyday is a new adventure.

Attachments

• 100_8661.JPG
    100_8661.JPG
    5.8 MB · Views: 74
Those pictures are making me hangry.... I have to drive about 30-45 minutes each way to get to a place that has tri-tip... I haven't done one yet, but seriously considering making the trip just to get one... I can get everything else locally at the HEB, so it's been hard to justify the trip just for that...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back