Tri-Tip and Pork Tenderloin... So good!

BethV

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
  2. Bullseye
This is my second tri tip and it came out really good. Spicy! I am finding in these cooks that I am getting a better handle on how to work with my grill and work with rubs and flavors. I am thrilled at how tender and juicy it is. It literally retained all its juices.

The pork tenderloin as lean as it is, is incredibly moist. Very happy.

Am I the only one that can't get enough of this???

Attachments

• IMG_20200524_180917_278.jpg
    IMG_20200524_180917_278.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 94
  • IMG_20200524_184820.jpg
    IMG_20200524_184820.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 95
Nooo! It's addicting isn't it? I want to do it every day. Tri tip looks great!

So jealous that you can have Tri-tip. One reason I miss my home state of CA. Got stationed out here In SC and they dont know what tri-tip is...

Looking good Mrs Beth-V

@ndfan6464, Thanks! Until I started watching BBQ Pitmasters, I had no idea that tri-tip was not common throughout the United States. For us in southern California or really anywhere in California, it's as common as ground beef. It's a wonderful piece of meat. I'm really amazed at how well it does on the smoker, cooked low.

I didnt either untill I got out here. Walked into the butcher shop, asked for Tri-tip and he asked what that was. I said you have to be kidding me your a butcher. I walked out.

Drove to the next, asked the same and got similar response.. So needless to say I am without and I miss it...so going to have to have some shipped to me...ugh!

@ndfan6464, Thanks! Until I started watching BBQ Pitmasters, I had no idea that tri-tip was not common throughout the United States. For us in southern California or really anywhere in California, it's as common as ground beef. It's a wonderful piece of meat. I'm really amazed at how well it does on the smoker, cooked low.
You're lucky......I'm jealous too. Your pics look great! :D
I didnt either untill I got out here. Walked into the butcher shop, asked for Tri-tip and he asked what that was. I said you have to be kidding me your a butcher. I walked out.

Drove to the next, asked the same and got similar response.. So needless to say I am without and I miss it...so going to have to have some shipped to me...ugh!
I'll be honest with you, I'm not sure I want to even try to ask for a Tri Tip at my local Butcher Shop here in New England. They might try to run my A#$ right out the door! :ROFLMAO:

I'll be honest with you, I'm not sure I want to even try to ask for a Tri Tip at my local Butcher Shop here in New England. They might try to run my A#$ right out the door! :ROFLMAO:
Just make sure to wear a mask when asking for that tri tip, when the butcher goes huh blame it on the mask and then ask for something you know they have.??

This is my second tri tip and it came out really good. Spicy! I am finding in these cooks that I am getting a better handle on how to work with my grill and work with rubs and flavors. I am thrilled at how tender and juicy it is. It literally retained all its juices.

The pork tenderloin as lean as it is, is incredibly moist. Very happy.

Am I the only one that can't get enough of this???

You have great taste IMO. I'm a prolific tritip fan and I smoke tritip regularly. Frankly, I like it better than brisket flat.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back