Bull Traveling with the Bull: Cover or no cover?

Wife looked at the circuit board and said: "take it off to transport it". We were talking washboard dirt roads.

Thanks all for the feedback. I contacted customer service about traveling with it on a trailer. I didn’t ask them about a cover, since most of the replies were about this being a bad idea. I did ask if I was nuts for doing this, and if I wasn’t, what their recommendations were.

Avery with Rec-Tec said that this is what the competition cart was designed to do, and that as long as I remove the grates and drip pan, the rest of the grill should be just fine. Oh, and he also assured me I wasn’t nuts!

Anyway, as long as I dont plan on pulling an Elon Musk and launching it out past Mars, it sounds like things will work out. I’ll take it easy on the gravel. Besides, there are a lot of deer out there, and there’s only one grill I want them on.

I’ll keep this updated once I do travel with it, just to let everyone know what happens, good or bad. Order was placed on Saturday for the Bull, Comp Cart, and cover.

I think I'd put some tiedown anchor points on the competition base. One on each end should do it. I'd put a plate doubler behind the anchor so you minimize the chance of bending the side of the cart. Also, avoid lifting it from the handle and shelf on the controller side. Maybe make the tiedowns the lifting points.

I will certainly look into doing some of these modifications and post some pictures too! Maybe even a little “How-To” since there has to be at least one other person out there that wants to or will want to do this.

Hey there, congrats on ordering the Bull! It sounds like you're going to have a lot of fun with it.

FYI, if you haven't ordered the 700 yet, the 1250 actually comes with rings intended for strapping down in transport. It probably would be easy to duplicate on a 700 as well as long as you're not timid about drilling holes in your brand new grill.

There's a movers wrap - like Saran Wrap for your big items. The roll is not expensive, should last quite a long time and will provide some scratch protection as well as keep road grime off your cooking appliance. You can find it just about anywhere shipping supplies are sold, or just Amazon it.
Good Luck

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back