RT-1250 top rack cooking?

chadinsc

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
im currently working on adding a top rack to my 700 to be similar to a 1250. obviously i will figure this out soon but just curious what temp variations you guys have noticed from main rack to top rack. also curious if the top rack is still hotter around the front and back like the bottom rack and if the food close to the exhaust stack is more likely to burn. i would like to be able to cook pizza on top and bottom if possible. thank you

In my 1250 the top is about 5 degrees warmer according to my Fireboard thermometer. I have never moved any of my food around to account for it as I have never really seen it as an issue.

awesome thanks guys. i was disappointed in you 1250 boys at first. kinda like how the nicest jeeps don’t seem to hit the trail. glad you guys are successfully using the top racks. im excited to try mine soon
I've used mine quite a bit. This is from a couple of weeks ago. I did 2 or 3 racks of full spares on top, two pork butts on the bottom and a 3/4 fillet of salmon on the bottom. It all turned out great!

Mine definitely hits the trail. Most of the stainless is actually more black than shiny metal. Except for the shelves, those are all clean.

20211226_155018.jpg

I like racks too!

Who doesn't like a nice rack?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back