Bullseye Thinking of returning it

Never seen Stihl in a Napa. Our Aces here in MA have Stihl too, as do some of the equipment dealers. Might be something like your Napas contract ran out and Stihl is working on going with Ace nationally.

Pre-packaged in China, QC by sampling as has been mentioned.
IMG_2960.jpeg

C’mon man! Futures so bright, gotta wear shades! 😂

I dunno; Ace is pretty heavily invested in Traeger grills. That would seem to be an unlikely scenario to add Recteq to the mix. Now, if they are dropping Traeger (or Traeger is dropping them), then it would make sense.
At the Ace near me in Knoxville, Traeger, Yoder and Big Green Egg all have displays with 2 or more of each. I imagine a couple recteqs could be shoe-horned in......jmo.

At the Ace near me in Knoxville, Traeger, Yoder and Big Green Egg all have displays with 2 or more of each. I imagine a couple recteqs could be shoe-horned in......jmo.
They can put it in the space where all the Ace Hardware’s have been selling their floor flat rock models. I went to 3, to try and see one, every Ace had an area where their floor model Flatrock was, and they sold it.

Finally saw one at Nebraska Furniture Mart and ordered. Really wanted to support the local guy but if you can’t keep a floor model in, not much I can do.

I am 1 week in and herr are the issues I am having.
1- Lid came scratched- They offered to replace it.
2- Wifi wont connect- Was going to call and have them help BUT
3- Ash Dump FAILS!- the handle is hard to turn to dump the ashes and harder to close INCLUDING having to force it to actually CLICK close. The "Easy open and snap back" does not exist. I know this will lead to that plastic handle eventually stripping.

Before I hit the 30 day mark or even the 14 day... I want to know if others have this problem? Approximately 40 hours of run time at this point.
Am I missing something here I have a B380 I have no ash dump and no wifi I got my 380 last year is this something newI also have a rt700 which does have wifi after 3 years I've been very happy with the product and with tech support

Am I missing something here I have a B380 I have no ash dump and no wifi I got my 380 last year is this something newI also have a rt700 which does have wifi after 3 years I've been very happy with the product and with tech support
I believe he’s talking about the recently-released B380X which does have an ash dump.

I am 1 week in and herr are the issues I am having.
3- Ash Dump FAILS!- the handle is hard to turn to dump the ashes and harder to close INCLUDING having to force it to actually CLICK close. The "Easy open and snap back" does not exist. I know this will lead to that plastic handle eventually stripping.

Before I hit the 30 day mark or even the 14 day... I want to know if others have this problem? Approximately 40 hours of run time at this point.
Sorry you're experiencing the Bullseye blues. I have a number of grills and the Bullseye is my absolute favorite. It is an original though and doesn't have the Wi-Fi or RTD. I believe the Bullseye went south after they added that carp to it. The Bullseye originally was made for open lid, open flame cooking. I like my Bullseye not only because I can control it how I want to with having only an auger feed adjustment. The best part also is being able to toss wood chunks in it and get some good old fashion smoke at the higher temps. Something I can't do so well with my 700. I probably would not buy another Bullseye with how they are made today with the Wi-Fi and RTD controller. That ruin the Bullseye's original intent.

Ace partnered with E-Go and Stihl, Home Depot partnered with Ryobi and Echo.......I could see ACE switching from Trager to RT, as IMHO RT makes a better overall product line and is actually less expensive.

At the Academy earlier this year they told us Ace was happening. Haven’t seen it yet though.
I remember hearing it from somewhere....no press release yet though. That was awhile ago....I wonder if it fell through or still something is planned.....

I am 1 week in, and here are the issues I am having.

Mine was a crapshow due to FedEx. The lid was bent and I was able to correct it with a pair of vise grips and a couple blocks of wood. I have the exact same issue with the ash dump after the initial burn in, so somewhere there is a misalignment that the heat made worse. The wifi issue I have is due to the mesh system I use. The downstairs eero doesn't sync correctly with the upstairs and basement but I'm going to give a pass on that. But the ash dump is concerning and the lid was a peeve of mine only because it's got a small gap and it seems to smoke more from that side because it doesn't sit 100% square. I did call initially and only heard back about a week later. I figure I'll take the whole thing apart and replace the fasteners and make sure it's correctly done. I figure I was the unlucky one and got a Friday unit, throw it together and run out the door, or pissed off Chinese laborers either or. Fwiw the burnpot surround seems to be warped and uneven, I've never had it above 500. Well one time yesterday it was set at 400 and went all the way to 600. I'll keep a watch on it. I do like the grill, I researched them for a long time, but the little things definitely detract from the grill especially at this price point.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WKMCD
Back