Bullseye Thinking of getting a Bullseye

But looking for a little feedback.

I have a GMG that has some issues. I’d like to replace it with a better brand like recteq or grilla. I can spend $900, but if I can get a recteq for about $500, that is pretty intriguing.

My main concern with the bullseye is holding reasonably steady temperatures around 225. It seems like some are very satisfied with the bullseye low and slow but others are not.

Can I leave a pork shoulder overnight and get reasonably good results? I understand the bullseye isn’t the ideal slow smoker, but is it reasonably good?

Thanks in advance for the feedback.
I have the Bullseye and first had to make adjustment to the temp. Ended up +18 (equivalent to turning up the gauge reading to match the actual temp measured with accurate thermometers). Now that helped a great deal but does not maintain a steady temp--especially at low temps. At high temps is a bit better but still produces wide swings sometimes. Bottom line: I have a 590 and use it exclusively for "low slow". I use the Bullseye for hot grilling, searing etc. and am very satisfied. Since there is no Wifi, you have to watch it anyhow. If I was just getting my first grill I would get the 590, since it can get above 500 on HIGH, and with added GrillGrates it will sear very nicely. Also, the controls are right on target with usually no adjustment needed. Low slow temps are very well maintained. So--590 will perform all around better. Bullseye will get hotter when you want, but requires hands on management to maintain a steady cook. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the response. Why wouldn’t you go overnight with it?
I have a bullseye and it does (did) low and slow. I cooked a 12lb pork butt on 250F for 18 hrs with lumberjack char hickory pellets to 300F take off temp. The whole table of family said it was the best pulled pork they ever had. 18 hrs with one full bin of pellets without refill. Also did burgers brats and chicken wings on it. I would have did it on my bull but I was up north at the cabin and hauled the bullseye with me. Another positive for getting bullseye, it’s easy to transport in a boat or truck. I’d get the new B380X for the added bells and whistles.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FISCH75
Back