Thinking About Making A Change…

My problem with it is that it is “Made in China;” just like some other grills we are familiar with that have quality control issues.
FYI all RecTec grills are made in China but made out of stainless steel. I don’t like it but quality has been good with the grills I have. (700bull, 380bullseye). I totally agree RecTec needs to bring manufacturing back to USA. They’ll be sorry if they don’t with what the future holds.

About to hit the ‘Checkout’ button… May think about it a little longer! The ATBBQ YT videos about what is possible with this combo have been impressive.
D91979B3-8D3F-49D1-B563-728E7237E68A.jpeg

Plus, everyone has their own things they would use their $ on.. if it makes you happy, what matter does it make? What someone wants to spend their $ on might not be in alignment with others.
Absolutely! I’m not at all casual about my time in the (indoor/outdoor) kitchen. I don’t grill on weekends from Memorial Day to the end of tailgate season-I cook outdoors nearly every day. Today was breakfast on the Bullseye, a cream cheese midday snack on the RT-340, now am finishing a rack of ribs on the RT-340 that will include sides of onion rings and zucchini that will be grilled on the Bullseye.

I wasn’t trying to be boastful about spending $$$-sorry to anyone if it came across that way. For context, I have a neighbor that proudly proclaimed to me last week that his new Polaris off-road vehicle cost 45K, more than my truck cost. Well, my first thought was a) you haven’t bought a new F-150 recently and b) if that thing cost more than a new pickup, I wouldn’t admit to folks that I paid that for a toy for your daughter. But horses for courses…

Absolutely! I’m not at all casual about my time in the (indoor/outdoor) kitchen. I don’t grill on weekends from Memorial Day to the end of tailgate season-I cook outdoors nearly every day. Today was breakfast on the Bullseye, a cream cheese midday snack on the RT-340, now am finishing a rack of ribs on the RT-340 that will include sides of onion rings and zucchini that will be grilled on the Bullseye.

I wasn’t trying to be boastful about spending $$$-sorry to anyone if it came across that way. For context, I have a neighbor that proudly proclaimed to me last week that his new Polaris off-road vehicle cost 45K, more than my truck cost. Well, my first thought was a) you haven’t bought a new F-150 recently and b) if that thing cost more than a new pickup, I wouldn’t admit to folks that I paid that for a toy for your daughter. But horses for courses…

I don't think you were being boastful at all.. We all know how much you enjoy your outdoor essentials and what it brings to you and your better half.

I can absolutely relate to the excitement of wanting an upper end setup like this. I'm sure you will take amazing care of it and get every penny out of it and then some. It will be paying you in no time :).

My main concern is losing you around here 😟 .. Your experience and sharing is what keeps things around here on the up.

Whatever you decide I hope you get the most out of what you love to do.

It's been a busy year for you @Greg Jones ! A new PK, a new flat top, and now (maybe) a new Yoder. You're my hero, not just for your dedication to outdoor cooking, but your apparent mastery of unwelcome questioning from others in your household. 😉

You still need a bigger cutting board though!

Congratulations on the new purchase. I look forward to hearing what you think. Lots to like about the Yoder.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Back