Stampede the versatility of the 590

Foodkid

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
I got to say the RT-590 is the most versatile grill I have ever owned. We have cooked and or smoked almost everything in it. We have baked in it several times. Cooked everything from meatballs to lamb chops. With the additional grill grates, you can't beat it for grilling steaks and hamburgers see my filets below (done on the rec teq with Grill Grates).

I guess the most out of the ordinary thing we cooked on the 590 was sugar cookies. They came out very tasty with a hint of hickory smoke. I am interested to hear from the forum on what interesting and unusual things that you have cooked on the RT590.

20210128_183032.jpg

@Foodkid while I don't have RT-580, but instead the RT-700 I certainly know what you mean.

These "grills" are amazing and the versatility is just awesome. I love the fact I can turn it way down and smoke something to my hearts content. Turn it up a bit and even bake something, like a pie, or crank it up higher and put a nice sear on my steaks.

@Foodkid while I don't have RT-580, but instead the RT-700 I certainly know what you mean.

These "grills" are amazing and the versatility is just awesome. I love the fact I can turn it way down and smoke something to my hearts content. Turn it up a bit and even bake something, like a pie, or crank it up higher and put a nice sear on my steaks.
I agree the versality of these grills are truly amazing but that comes at a cost and price point. There are cheaper pellet grills out there but you get what you pay for in construction and function. I did tons of research for many months, a couple of calls to recteq to see how truly there customer service was before purchasing my Bull and have been completely satisfied and happy with it, especially with some of the modifications I made to it to fit my needs and wants.

They are quite versatile. When I made an apple pie(never made one before) on the 590, my wife said it was the best apple pie she ever had. Whether it was or not who knows, but she did eat the heck out of it. It may have been just a ploy to get out of making pies, and giving me another cooking job to do. I don't mind though, I would rather make food on the Recteq than do honey-do jobs on my time off!

Last edited:
I have the Bull as well and still in the "Honeymoon" Phase.. Not sure it will ever end LOL. I hear what you mean. It has become an obsession and might need to seek help soon! We need a sub-forum for addicts :ROFLMAO: .

I’m still in my 1st year with the 590 and love it. I have done almost every type of meat, Pork ribs, beef ribs, wings, whole and spatchcocked chickens, brisket, pork shoulders, lamb, and salmon. Dying to try baking a pie or cookies. Cant wait to hear and try more.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back