Bull The great ReqTec cover question

This is a great cover and around $30.00 at Sam's or Costco,ETC...

Attachments

• 20200218_111544.jpg
    20200218_111544.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 206
Have you come to peace with the cover from ReqTec? Has anyone found an aftermarket cover that works decently with the 700? I really want something that is super easy on and off and have heard some complaints about the factory cover fits like a glove and some tearing.

Thanks
I used my Honda ATV cover on my old BBQ which is about the same size as my 590. I haven't put it on yet because I'm using the 590 almost daily but I will. It's a little big but a few well-placed rocks keeps it in place even in our windy area.

Got an aftermarket cover for my 700 off of Amazon & never been happier. Loved the look of the factory covet but IMO it was a complete pain in the ass
I have been looking on Amazon for a cover to the 700, but can't find anything deep enough to cover the 700. Can you share what you found?

I have been looking on Amazon for a cover to the 700, but can't find anything deep enough to cover the 700. Can you share what you found?
Here's the one that I found that is awesome. Fits good with plenty of room to put it on and take it off. It's gone thru several thunderstorms with no issues at all. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07PCP3VQG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

FYI, if you put a child's ball on top of the pellet hopper you don't get any standing water.

Last edited:
Have you come to peace with the cover from ReqTec? Has anyone found an aftermarket cover that works decently with the 700? I really want something that is super easy on and off and have heard some complaints about the factory cover fits like a glove and some tearing.

Thanks
I did get this cover per a recommendation from another thread. Works well and is great quality.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00VG12YXS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I wish I'd have gotten a cheaper cover on Amazon rather than the one offered by RT.

The "fitted" part for the stack and the side shelf are a major pain in the ass...especially when it gets colder out.

I wish I'd have gotten a cheaper cover on Amazon rather than the one offered by RT.

The "fitted" part for the stack and the side shelf are a major pain in the ass...especially when it gets colder out.
I saw all of those bad reviews and found a great $25 cover on Amazon. Covers it completely all the way to the wheels. It even has a velcro strap that goes around the smokestack, as well as on each end at the bottom. We've just gone thru a week and a half of thunderstorms with high winds. The cover didn't move and everything was nice and dry. I can't praise this cover enough.

Can't disagree with you there!

It’s the worst smoker cover ever. I’ve not come to peace with it. It is still war. What a hassle getting it on and off. And in cold weather when the material hardens a bit? Lol, it rips everywhere. My take is these covers were made for the older Bull (670?) model that had the straight legs (red lid) because even getting the cover over the legs is tight as the newer bulls has the legs angling out. Just terrible all around. And I don’t care what anyone says about “taking their time.” Bologna! I should never have to do that for a cover!!! Ripped two so far and haven’t order another. No way will I order another of these POS’s. Love the smoker, hate the cover.

It’s the worst smoker cover ever. I’ve not come to peace with it. It is still war. What a hassle getting it on and off. And in cold weather when the material hardens a bit? Lol, it rips everywhere. My take is these covers were made for the older Bull (670?) model that had the straight legs (red lid) because even getting the cover over the legs is tight as the newer bulls has the legs angling out. Just terrible all around. And I don’t care what anyone says about “taking their time.” Bologna! I should never have to do that for a cover!!! Ripped two so far and haven’t order another. No way will I order another of these POS’s. Love the smoker, hate the cover.
So, how do you really feel about the cover?

I didn't order the cover with my smoker.
I'm in the desert & it can hit 120+ here. Covers typically only last a year, doesn't matter how nice they are. I just buy a cheap no name cover & toss it when it starts falling apart. I buy them a bit big so I'm not at war trying to remove it.

After watching the video someone posted earlier in this thread I'm convinced there is a lot of variance in the covers. They show lifting the cover over the shelf then going to the side with the smoke stack and lifting it. There is no way my cover had enough slack to uncover the shelf in one step, not even close. I had to go back and forth maybe 10 times lifting an inch or two each time. Putting it on was the same process. The squirrels finally savaged the cover so it's gone.

Does that fit the rt-700? Looks like a great cover but the dimensions state it's 53 inches long and the bull is 56 inches long....
Yep, it fits. It's baggy, but being baggy makes it a lot easier to put on and take off. It also has a vertical zipper on the front right corner, but I don't use it, don't need to. Am I happy with it ? Yep, close to ecstatic, particularly for the price.

Also, get some adhesive backed "Baby Bumpers" off of Amazon and put them on all sharp corners of your grill. They'll help extend the life of your cover.

Last edited:
It’s the same with my blackstone cover, very tight. My question is why so tight in the first place. I don’t understand why manufacturers can’t make cover a little bigger. It would be a fractional price increase at most. Now my kamado Joe cover is perfect. Slides right on and off with plenty of room to spare.
After struggling with my 700 cover for a year, I have the same question. Yes, we have all figured out how to get the cover on and off, but it still takes more time than it should. Moreover, while my cover isn’t worn out, it has definitely stiffened substantially from UV rays and it’s life will not be what I expected. Not abusing it in any way. Just sits on my Wisconsin patio getting normal use.

Back to the question: WHY should we all have had such a learning curve with this cover, and even so why does it need to be so tight and take longer to put on and off? Recteq needs to improve the design and unless they do, I’ll be buying a generic cover next time.

My Weber Genesis sits right next to the 700 and I’ve experimented putting it’s cover on my 700. Though there is a ”bump” where the smoke stack is, it fits over the 700 just fine and takes a fraction of the time and is much less aggravating.

Yep, it fits. It's baggy, but being baggy makes it a lot easier to put on and take off. It also has a vertical zipper on the front right corner, but I don't use it, don't need to. Am I happy with it ? Yep, close to ecstatic, particularly for the price.

Also, get some adhesive backed "Baby Bumpers" off of Amazon and put them on all sharp corners of your grill. They'll help extend the life of your cover.
Awesome, thanks! I am pretty sure I still have a couple of those Baby Bumpers from when the boys were little, somewhere.....

Awesome, thanks! I am pretty sure I still have a couple of those Baby Bumpers from when the boys were little, somewhere.....
“Somewhere” is always my problem. :rolleyes: I have accumulated enough stuff over the years that I’m certain I have everything I need, but finding it is another problem.:ROFLMAO:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FISCH75
Back