Bull The Ash-Away – Ash Removal System

I'm mostly with Mike on this one. You're going to be in there with the vacuum or whatever you're using to suck up all the ash that settles below the drip pan anyway. The only thing I can imagine that justifies this is the tablespoon or two of pellets that you end up vacuuming up when you do the burn pot. 20 bucks ain't much, and the device probably won't hurt anything, but the payback on pellets "saved" is gonna be slow.

My thought on this device is, I can just lift and scoop out Ash in one go. Vs taking my shop vac or my hand held Dyson to suck it up. Of course the occasional vac of the bottom is helpful. I'm always down for tools that make things easier.

Of course I have no experience with a pellet smoker. So not sure if this is worth while. So why I posted the question. But also no idea what the fire pot diameter is, since I don't have my bull yet.

A easy Ash clean out on the bull is one feature it seems to lack over a camp cheif, or a GMG.

So, just from my experience of removing the deflector shield, which is usually covered with ash on the bottom, is I'll ding it on something every time and send that puff of ash flying all over the place. I see doing the same with this. I got a mini shop vac just to clean the ash out. Nothing fancy and it doesn't take but a couple minutes. I've got a steady hand but carrying this out of the grill to dump would be like carrying a full coffee cup across a room. Just by opinion.

I have to agree with everyone else. Getting more stuff is cool, and required, but this would not be an item I would look to add. using the shop vac works grate for me.

Does anyone use this with the bull? will it work?
https://smokedaddyinc.com/product/the-ash-away-ash-removal-system/
Will fit in any burnpot that is 3 – 3/8″ diameter or larger

i dont have my bull yet as awaiting it to arrive. just been researching accessories... was on smoke daddy to get my self a The “Heavy D” Stick Burning Heat Diffuser and then saw the ash away.

I thought like you and ordered one, but unfortunately it didn’t fit the bull’s burn pot so
I sent it back.

@Acidic I really can't see this being an even remotely needed item, but then again I've been wrong before.

I clean my grill after each 1-2 cooks anyway using a shopvac to clean everything up. It's overkill on my part I know, but boy does it look good. ;)
Bought one. Did not fit over the ignitor. Been using a shop vac, and found that this thing really not needed and a waste of good money.

Bought one. Did not fit over the ignitor. Been using a shop vac, and found that this thing really not needed and a waste of good money.

Sorry it didn't work out for ya.

For me, personally, I just don't see the need for it and certainly not for the cost. $25 for an ash tray that will ONLY clean at best the igniter... IF it did fit.

$25, that's nearly a third of the cost of a small Craftsman shop-vac that will clean the ENTIRE grill. The igniter is only part of the grill you should be cleaning and if I'm going to pull the grill apart to empty this ash tray then why wouldn't I clean the entire grill while I have it all apart?

Hope you're able to return your ash tray @Azajyum since it didn't fit.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MuddyBill
Back