Stampede Thank you! RT-590 modifications

Dety1

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
I would like to thank everyone who have posted suggestions ,pictures for the RT-590. I built a shelf ,installed expanded metal in cart, made a rack for power cord, high temp gasket on door and vents and an extra rack Incase more space if needed. THANK YOU!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 886
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 507
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 506
I would like to thank everyone who have posted suggestions ,pictures for the RT-590. I built a shelf ,installed expanded metal in cart, made a rack for power cord, high temp gasket on door and vents and an extra rack Incase more space if needed. THANK YOU!
Super nice

OMG Dety!. Great mods, but I HAVE TO ASK!!!!! Where did you get that Jupiler, what I assume is a bottle cap holder? I lived in Belgium for 8 years (mid 70's and then again early to mid 80's) growing up, part of that old enough to drink. Jupiler was my local beer of choice. Yeah, there are sooooo many great Belgian beers, but Jupiler was a great everyday type of beer. Only 3 weeks ago I was searching the net looking for anywhere in the US that distributes Jupiler or looking for any Jupiler related items. Where did you get that item?

OMG Dety!. Great mods, but I HAVE TO ASK!!!!! Where did you get that Jupiler, what I assume is a bottle cap holder? I lived in Belgium for 8 years (mid 70's and then again early to mid 80's) growing up, part of that old enough to drink. Jupiler was my local beer of choice. Yeah, there are sooooo many great Belgian beers, but Jupiler was a great everyday type of beer. Only 3 weeks ago I was searching the net looking for anywhere in the US that distributes Jupiler or looking for any Jupiler related items. Where did you get that item?

Do you mind providing some more details? Just finished my first smoke and I loved it, but a shelf would make a huge difference. I saw someone recommend brackets from Amazon, but does it require drilling into the grill or can you use existing holes?

Also, what high temp gasket did you use? I noticed smoke coming out from more places than I’d like and my all weather vents fit far from flush. Don’t got me wrong, this thing held temp great the whole time, but might as well maximize smoke/efficiency if I can.

Do you mind providing some more details? Just finished my first smoke and I loved it, but a shelf would make a huge difference. I saw someone recommend brackets from Amazon, but does it require drilling into the grill or can you use existing holes?

Also, what high temp gasket did you use? I noticed smoke coming out from more places than I’d like and my all weather vents fit far from flush. Don’t got me wrong, this thing held temp great the whole time, but might as well maximize smoke/efficiency if I can.
I used a pine step sold at HD for around $11. Purchase 10” stainless brackets at amazon $19. Door knobs for hanging utensils. I had to enlarge the hole on the bracket to use existing bolt on grill. I had an extra piece of stainless from so I used on the shelf. The door gasket is Oklahoma joe’s from Lowe’s. On the vents I used lava rock high temp sealant.They’re tight and no leaks. I hope all your questions are answer. If you want me to be more specific on anything else , please ask.

I used a pine step sold at HD for around $11. Purchase 10” stainless brackets at amazon $19. Door knobs for hanging utensils. I had to enlarge the hole on the bracket to use existing bolt on grill. I had an extra piece of stainless from so I used on the shelf. The door gasket is Oklahoma joe’s from Lowe’s. On the vents I used lava rock high temp sealant.They’re tight and no leaks. I hope all your questions are answer. If you want me to be more specific on anything else , please ask.

Very helpful. Thanks!

Nice job. Where did you find the power cord bracket?

Nice job. Where did you find the power cord bracket?
I made it using some stainless scrap left over from the shelf. 3/4” wide. I used the existing screws on the back 6” center to center and used the vise for the bends. About 1” gap from back to brac
image.jpg

Really nice looking unit! Great job!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back