RT-1250 Temps above 500

rkensrud

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Hey all.

New 1250 owner and I have a question. How would I set temp to 600? Anything above 500 goes to FULL on the dial and the app. My 1250 quickly went to 740 degrees before I cut it back down.

Hey all.

New 1250 owner and I have a question. How would I set temp to 600? Anything above 500 goes to FULL on the dial and the app. My 1250 quickly went to 740 degrees before I cut it back down.
Interesting, good info...Thanks (y)

Hey all.

It is 500 or full, no way to set it to 600 unless you played with the probe calibration to fake it out but you would need a third party temp probe to know exactly what the grate temp is running. If you set the grill temperature calibration to -20 it will assume the grill is at 400 vs. 500. To get back to 500 the real grill temp would be ~600 degrees.

Hey all.

Wow really? That's crazy to have a 250 degree unknown setting.

Attention to detail RT if you are watching. Don't you do any testing?

Wow really? That's crazy to have a 250 degree unknown setting.

Attention to detail RT if you are watching. Don't you do any testing?
That is by design, the FUL setting runs the auger at 100% and the grill will get 700+, the 1250 spec is the grill will hit 700+. Pellets will play into the max temperature you will get. This is an advantage over many smokers that struggle to get to 400+.

Nothing is broken! Would be cool if they upgrade the controller to allow settings up to 700 and use the FUL setting for anything over 700 but my guess is 99.9% of us cook under 500 degrees on our grills unless you are reverse searing directly on the RT grates.

Last edited:
That is by design, the FUL setting runs the auger at 100% and the grill will get 700+, the 1250 spec is the grill will hit 700+. Pellets will play into the max temperature you will get. This is an advantage over many smokers that struggle to get to 400+.

Nothing is broken! Would be cool if they upgrade the controller to allow settings up to 700 and use the FUL setting for anything over 700 but my guess is 99.9% of us cook under 500 degrees on our grills unless you are reverse searing directly on the RT grates.
Yup.. not broken. Just lack of attention to detail. They had one job to redesign and make things better and failed.

Last edited:
Maybe a firmware update can take care of it. I see it’s an option in the app. Do they release those regularly?

Maybe a firmware update can take care of it. I see it’s an option in the app. Do they release those regularly?

Interesting.. on the 700 we have been told it is not possible. If they did that with the 1250 that is a game changer.

When I got my 1250 four weeks ago, as soon as I got up on wifi it did update the firmware automatically. I expect there will be future updates as they fix/enhance (hopefully enhance) the firmware.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WKMCD
Back