Stampede Temp Time

Hamp

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
It takes my 590 10 minutes to go from 180 to 400. Is that about normal?

I don't have 590, but that sounds pretty darn good! :cool: It takes my oven from ambient temp to 400 10 minutes.

I think mine was closer to 20 mins last time I did a steak sear.

Dumb question here. Wouldn’t the speed of the auger have something to do with the time to achieve 400

As in, overloading the fire pot with pellets?
Yes. I have heard stories of pellets dumping faster than the grill can burn them and smothering the fire causing a flameout. Never seen it happen myself but seems possible under the right conditions. Maybe was a malfunction of the auger. Just wondering.

Yes. I have heard stories of pellets dumping faster than the grill can burn them and smothering the fire causing a flameout. Never seen it happen myself but seems possible under the right conditions. Maybe was a malfunction of the auger. Just wondering.
Yes, it does dump approximately 50% more pellets, but I don’t know of anyone mentioning that particular issue. The flameouts that I’ve seen mentioned occurred at lower minimum feed rates, and mostly seemed to be corrected with an MFR of 2.0 or higher. Other issues mentioned were temperature spikes/swings, temperature overshoot when opening the lid, and hotter than usual startups. I’ve never seen an over abundance of pellets in my own fire pot.

Last edited:
Yes, it does dump approximately 50% more pellets, but I don’t know of anyone mentioning that particular issue. The flameouts that I’ve seen mentioned occurred at lower minimum feed rates, and mostly seemed to be corrected with an MFR of 2.0 or higher. Other issues mentioned were temperature spikes/swings, temperature overshoot when opening the lid, and hotter than usual startups. I’ve never seen an over abundance of pellets in my own fire pot.
Appreciate the information!

I was thinking the same thing that it shouldn't put in too many pellets and smother the fire. If I'm not mistaken I believe that the BFG uses the same firepot as the 700/1250 and the 3 rpm auger from the 1250. I could be very wrong though.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back