Tech wifi question

Jeffhoppy

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Hi all. Looking for some expert advice.
To connect my Rt700 to network I had to split the channels in my modem settings. Connected phone to 2.4 and bingo RT700 setup no issues.

Problem now seems to be that rest of my house wifi connectivity is buggy. Some components I can’t get hooked back into network, wifi dropping here and there, etc.

Question: now that the Bull is connected and working, can I switch my modem setting back to automatic band steering without disrupting the Bull connection?

Thanks for any help and advice.

Yep, my guess is it should be fine as long as no changes to the 2.4 GHz side. The grill only needs to talk directly to the phone during initial setup. After that, it communicates on its own to the cloud.

I think so. I had to have my controller replaced on my 590 and I think it was the older version. Had to completely shut down my 5ghz network so it would to connect to my phone. Set everything back to normal no issues.

For wireless you only need to validate your phone is on the 2.4 network when you configure wireless on your grill. Once your grill is connected you do what whatever you want with your network outside of changing ssid's.

Exactly right. Once set up, you can make any changes. Also, mine reconnected even after i changed modems and wifi. ??

Thank you everyone for all the helpful advice. I will be switching back to the automated channel optimization mode on the modem today then. Family super happy with the food coming off this grill but for a day or so I was thinking I might have to give up on the app.

Awesome to learn I can have both!

Thanks all and happy RecTec’ing!

The reason for two different bands is, 2.4 has lower speeds but transmits longer distances. Whereas 5 ghz transmits shorter distances but at higher speeds.

When I set my router up I separated the band names by just using 2.4 and 5 GHz at the end of the network name, if you have a guest band that's generally 2.4 too. I also have Xfinity with a built in gateway network and when they installed it, I could have installed it but they insisted and it was free, I made them do the same but ending in xf2.4 and xf5. They said this doesn't need to be done but I told them I have my reasons, just do it so reluctantly they set it up took them about 1 hour LOL. I'm not sure why it didn't set up automatically as the old gateway was like this and the Technician said what ever you had before it will be the same, not. Both the Technician and support person on the phone said they have never seen anyone do or want this before. To end this I can see on my phone or computers all the different wifi networks split wit 2.4 or 5 and connect to whatever one I want or just let it happen automatically.

Hope I never have to deal with this. Would'nt have a clue on how to switch/seperate/disconnect, what ever the hell ya have to do.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back