Trailblazer Taking another shot at a wagyu brisket

My daughter’s boyfriend got into med school and he loves brisket so we figured we’d have a little celebratory dinner with some wagyu. Put it on late last nite at 180. Luckily woke up at 3:30 and checked the progress. Smoker was reading 29 degrees. Pellets were bridging. Sigh… Got it back on track and just wrapped at 9:15 or so. Here are a few pics, right out of the plastic, after trimming and the rub, and right before wrapping. Will take a couple more after slicing it up. Fingers crossed 😊.

A4DFF604-CD97-4FAA-93D7-5323B210BCFC.jpeg
375FDC1A-77EF-40B0-BF5C-0C91C9463595.jpeg
D5F5191C-2926-4C92-A1E0-D7B1ACBFCE6F.jpeg

I have a KOW Wagyu brisket on order now to celebrate my son‘s new Air Force base assignment in Germany. I have over 30 guests attending, the brisket, two butts, two Chickens on the Wyldside rotisserie, and four racks of ribs. Plus sides of backed beans, cole slaw, Mac & cheese, and collards. My most ambitious cooking adventure yet!

My daughter’s boyfriend got into med school and he loves brisket so we figured we’d have a little celebratory dinner with some wagyu. Put it on late last nite at 180. Luckily woke up at 3:30 and checked the progress. Smoker was reading 29 degrees. Pellets were bridging. Sigh… Got it back on track and just wrapped at 9:15 or so. Here are a few pics, right out of the plastic, after trimming and the rub, and right before wrapping. Will take a couple more after slicing it up. Fingers crossed 😊.

View attachment 18671View attachment 18672View attachment 18673
That looks beautiful. Can almost taste it from here.

I have a KOW Wagyu brisket on order now to celebrate my son‘s new Air Force base assignment in Germany. I have over 30 guests attending, the brisket, two butts, two Chickens on the Wyldside rotisserie, and four racks of ribs. Plus sides of backed beans, cole slaw, Mac & cheese, and collards. My most ambitious cooking adventure yet!
Date, time and address???(y):D

Darn! The Ferrari is at the shop getting an oil change or I’d be on the road to your place!

All here are welcome! Bring a side.
Now, THAT is a very tempting offer! And, please express to your son our appreciation for his service. These are very perilous times for our democracy and those in service to our nation stand in the breach! Thank you!

Cmon Greg, where's the pix of "The Big Cook"?
Frankly, there was SO much going on that I didn’t think to take all the pictures I would have like to have taken. Especially of the chickens on the Wyldside. Here’s what I did get.
Pork butts and brisket on the Yoder
The Wyldside before starting the fire for the chickens
Ribs on the RT-700
And Lieutenant Jones as he poses for possibly his last home photo ever!

IMG_1303.jpeg
IMG_1305.jpeg
IMG_1306.jpeg
IMG_1307.jpeg

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WKMCD
Back