Bull Swingers club

Nurse Focker

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Cooking an 11lb pork butt over night. Started the cook at 3:00 p.m. The outside temp got down to 50f, no wind. Bulls set temp low, a brand new bag of Rectec pellets. Temps are all over the place. I adjusted the min feed rate at 9pm from 3 to 6.5. I don't think it did anything. I just raised the temp to 225 to get er done and let it rest till dinner. Any suggestions as to why I'm getting these swings? It has been going on for a while and I want to get it fixed. Do I keep adjusting my minimum feed rate up? How do I fix this?

Screenshot_20230522_082623_recteq.jpg

Screenshot_20230522_081838_recteq.jpg

I’d experiment with a higher low temp and find the point That the fluctuations stop, don’t need to wait for a cook to mess with it. After you figure it out see if RT has any ideas.

I’m guessing the temp front panel display showed none of these swings.

when was the last time the fire box was cleaned out?

Feed rate was at 3. I figured it was flame out and needed to be upped so that's what I did. Didn't fix the problem--yet. Haven't cleaned the fire box in months, maybe that's the issue and/or will help. I'll do that now and try a pre run before I put on dinner on an hr. Thanks for the suggestions. If this doesn't work I'll call Rectec.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back