Other Super Bowl Food

TheRicker

Military Veteran
Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
What y’all cooking on your ReqTec for next Sunday’s Super Bowl? I’m looking for ideas. I will be doing some wings. Kind of stuck on what else to cook.

What about side dishes? Desserts, too?

I've got a rack of spare ribs and a few lb's of wings, I'll do one or the other, too far ahead to know yet. We were talking about desert for the game yesterday, we're thinking apple cobbler with ice cream.

Maybe ribs for dinner @ 5, and the wings at half time which should be around 7:30 or so.

No idea yet about sides.

Some smoked bbq beans are great.

I've taken store-bought Hillshire farms kielbasa links and smoked them a few hours, sliced and served as an appetizer finger food, with a sweet-hot mustard for dipping.

I like a good slaw. My favorite is an apple cider vinegar base slaw to cut the fattyness of some of the bbq meats. Some prefer the creamy style.

Last edited:
For dessert, some fresh fruit is always good. If you want to spend the time, bread pudding is one of my favorites. My wife is an accomplished baker and her cookies are legendary among friends and neighbors. In a pinch, ice cream always goes over well.

For the smoker I'm planning some pork belly burnt ends for sure. If it looks like we're going to have a lot of people I'll toss on a Boston Butt too for some pulled pork. I kind of want to experiment with some pineapple with maybe some rum/sugar/spice as a dessert food but not sure I'll get around to that.

My wife is going to throw some Velveeta, RoTel & ground beef in the crock pot to make some nacho dip. This is stuff is easy, cheap and delicious. Lots of recipes online.

The wife also makes a 7-layer dip that it's incredible.

One of my buddies who is coming over is from Louisiana and is going to bring a pot of jambalaya and possibly some gator something or another too.

Not sure what other guests will be bringing but my guess is nobody will leave hungry by the end of it. Plenty of hydration products will be available as well.

For the smoker I'm planning some pork belly burnt ends for sure. If it looks like we're going to have a lot of people I'll toss on a Boston Butt too for some pulled pork. I kind of want to experiment with some pineapple with maybe some rum/sugar/spice as a dessert food but not sure I'll get around to that.

My wife is going to throw some Velveeta, RoTel & ground beef in the crock pot to make some nacho dip. This is stuff is easy, cheap and delicious. Lots of recipes online.

The wife also makes a 7-layer dip that it's incredible.

One of my buddies who is coming over is from Louisiana and is going to bring a pot of jambalaya and possibly some gator something or another too.

Not sure what other guests will be bringing but my guess is nobody will leave hungry by the end of it. Plenty of hydration products will be available as well.
I want to go to this party. (y)

Just say "yes" to the ABTs. Incredible finger food.
Hmmm. I may be showing my ignorance…but what are “ABT”’s?

For dessert, some fresh fruit is always good. If you want to spend the time, bread pudding is one of my favorites. My wife is an accomplished baker and her cookies are legendary among friends and neighbors. In a pinch, ice cream always goes over well.
I love bread pudding. However, I’ve had mixed results making it. Mine is fairly dense. I’m sure it’s just me packing it too much…maybe too much or too little custard. ?

Atomic Buffalo Turd
Thanks to this thread I now know what ATB’s are. Going to give them a try today.
DCBE45B2-734A-4CAF-9292-F646105938D6.jpeg
129F6AA8-C8C4-4148-96CA-199B94B4A2E5.jpeg
83F9A72E-4E57-4484-BE47-BEC4787B269E.jpeg

@Roaniecowpony @Buckeye1 @Jigsaw
What temp/time do you guys recommend cooking these ABT’s? I’m using thick cut bacon and from what I’ve seen people cook them anywhere between 225F and 275F. Being my first time I don’t want to screw these up for my guests. Thanks in advance!

@Roaniecowpony @Buckeye1 @Jigsaw
What temp/time do you guys recommend cooking these ABT’s? I’m using thick cut bacon and from what I’ve seen people cook them anywhere between 225F and 275F. Being my first time I don’t want to screw these up for my guests. Thanks in advance!

In my vast experience of 2 cooks of ABTs, I found 400 to 500 works.

I've done 350 for about 40 minutes.

I check around 30 minutes. I pull when the bacon looks crispy.

I have only done them with cheese so IT was never a concern for me.

They look great!! Enjoy, when the cook checks for quality control be careful the cheese is hot.

No exaggeration, probably the best wings I have cooked ever. And I’ve cooked wings for a very long time. Wild Fork Wings defrosted and in the refrigerator to air dry on a sheet rack for 8 hours. Seasoned with olive oil and Colten’s Freakin’ Greek rub, cooked on the Bullseye for 30 minutes at 325*. Then they were flipped for another 10 minutes when I then pulled my half and tossed them in Frank’s Hot Wing Sauce, then back on with the wife’s share for another 20 minutes. Amazing. Go Bengals.
EC7D73C3-88E9-447A-8268-32E343CD9558.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FISCH75
Back