Stuck in analysis paralysis mode...

Texas_TL

Howdy y'all!

Long time griller / smoker, first time considering a pellet grill. I started out on a WSM cooker, then quickly upgraded to a Kamado Joe Big Joe. My old gasser grill has gone unused since, but now I'm considering picking up a pellet grill and the RT-700 is sitting at the top of my list right now after all my research so far. I'm still hesitant to pull the trigger though and continue to read and research everything (I'm a data analyst, so fits my personality).

Would love to hear why y'all chose Recteq over other brands and then any advice for choosing between RT-590, RT-700, or RT-1250. I'm leaning toward the 700 because of the size vs cost factor. I think the 1250 would be too large, but the 590 would likely be big enough 90% of the time.

Any recommended 'must have' accessories?

Finally, I know that Recteq doesn't do "sales" in the traditional sense, but what are the common bundle / discount offers? I'm almost ready to pull the trigger, but was hoping for something better than the $75 off 200 lbs of pellets offer that's currently up, especially something like some included accessories or etc. I plan to pick up at least the extra shelf and a cover and am also considering the competition cart.

Thanks for any input and I'm looking forward to hanging with you all.

The 700 & 1250 are the same size but the 1250 has more shelves. The 1250 also can go over 700 deg where the 700 is limited to 600. The 1250 also has a faster auger to build heat quicker and an updated controller for 5g wifi as well. Also includes the shelf and an extra outlet if you need.

I like my 700 but some find value in the 1250. I just think it is pricy for the same size.

There is $50 off the 590 right now through Monday with code KICKOFF. Otherwise maybe wait for Black Friday deals. Last year they gave a Matador with the 700 which is when I got in. Unless you are in a hurry.

I would always say get bigger if you feel you may use it. It is only me and the bride these days and we use every bit of the 700 especially rib time.

Would love to hear why y'all chose Recteq over other brands and then any advice for choosing between RT-590, RT-700, or RT-1250. I'm leaning toward the 700 because of the size vs cost factor. I think the 1250 would be too large, but the 590 would likely be big enough 90% of the time.
Welcome, @Texas_TL!

I own a 590, and 90% of the time I wish I had gone with the 700. You can never have too much room!

I bought mine for the build quality and customer service reputation.

Take the plunge.

Good luck!

my buddy has a 590 and its a great grill and in my opinion the best looking recteq. but its easy to fill up a 700 even on relatively small cooks. i can fill it up with burgers and toasted buns. the 700 will also fit 2 16 in pizzas if that’s important to you. i would have went bfg but the wife…… lol

I have a 590, great grill. For a small family it is fine. I upgraded to the 1250 for room. Don’t like crowded cook areas, lol. It’s amazing how quickly the 1250 heats up, and recovers when the lid is opened. If you can afford the 1250 I would go for it. I have only done 5 cooks on the 1250, all have turned out well.
D2D56C14-9327-455A-B23F-A87582647B0F.jpeg

Thank you everyone for the replies, they do really help. I guess at this point, I'm really just waiting for my patience on waiting to run out or for the right deal to come along. I'm curious to see what Black Friday will bring, but don't know if I can be that patient!

Otherwise maybe wait for Black Friday deals. Last year they gave a Matador with the 700 which is when I got in. Unless you are in a hurry.
Good to know. The Matador would be nice to take for my son's Boy Scout troop campouts, so something like that would be worth the wait. Waiting will be difficult though since I am excited to get one of these!

The 700 & 1250 are the same size but the 1250 has more shelves. The 1250 also can go over 700 deg where the 700 is limited to 600. The 1250 also has a faster auger to build heat quicker and an updated controller for 5g wifi as well. Also includes the shelf and an extra outlet if you need.
I did not realize this, despite comparing them. I did know it had the extra interior shelf and the faster auger, but didn't know they were the same size. With that in mind, I'm now really comparing $1264 to $1599 and need to decide if the extras are worth it to me. The extra shelf on the front would be nice to have as well, but like you said, not sure it's worth the extra $300+.

I have a 590, great grill. For a small family it is fine. I upgraded to the 1250 for room.
This is what I am thinking too...I'm pretty sure now that I'll either get the 700 or the 1250, just have to decide which. Thank you for the photo too. I am surprised how few of these types of photos are available on the sites reviewing these grills or even on the Recteq site itself. It's really helpful to see real life usage.

The extra shelf on the front would be nice to have as well, but like you said, not sure it's worth the extra $300+.

Honestly, I'd rather have a fold out table next to my smoker than the front shelf. The shelf is good for arranging something in the smoker, but you can't wrap a brisket on it.

Good to know. The Matador would be nice to take for my son's Boy Scout troop campouts, so something like that would be worth the wait. Waiting will be difficult though since I am excited to get one of these!

If you were closer I'd make a great deal on mine 😁 .. think I used it 2-3 times max. Just not my thing. It doesn't get hot enough all around but the center.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back