Stampede Strange dents in new grill

Sealion

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
Just received my new grill. Only could do a quick look since I was in a meeting. A closer look has revealed these dents.

Are these normal?

I doubt it, but I ask because the left side is only on the interior while the right side has a slight exterior dent. There is no damage to the box it came in.

Attachments

• 20210923_101916.jpg
    20210923_101916.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 222
  • 20210923_101940.jpg
    20210923_101940.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 172
Update: I called RT and confirmed this is not normal.

I was given the choice of:
1. Exchanging for another grill
2. Attempting to straighten on my own and receiving a free gift

New question: what are your thoughts on my ability to straighten this adequately?

Last edited:
Update: I call RT and confirmed this is not normal.

I was given the choice of:
1. Exchanging for another grill
2. Attempting to straighten on my own and receiving a free gift

New question: what are your thoughts on my ability to straighten this adequately?
I would exchange it. Looks bad.

china man hit the gas to hard on the forklift is my guess. definitely exchange in my opinion. sure sucks you have to wait but you paid to much money to live with a less than new grill. but thats just me and i like my stuff to look right. if you can live with than maybe except the gift. but it better not be bbq sauce! but to fix it my suggestion would be to try to work it out with a sheet metal vice grip slowly and keep resetting the close gap to have leverage and if needed tap it with a hammer if needed against a flat object.

Attachments

• 282F4AFD-0900-4F31-BE62-C1792B56FB36.png
    282F4AFD-0900-4F31-BE62-C1792B56FB36.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 71
You guys crack me up! I appreciate the humor. I purchased it to have for this weekend since my family will be here. The disappointment is off the charts.

Even if I was a metal smith, an exchange is the only right way to fix this.

Thanks for your inputs.
Yea it sucks that you won’t have it for the weekend but if you didnt go for a new one those dents would start to bother you more and more everytime you see them

if you was closer and didn’t scare me. i would give you a shirt if i got to kick a dent in your grill
Thanks for owning it! I knew it wasn't dented when I assembled it.😁 BTW, I'm scarier and uglier in person. You have been warned ☠

You guys crack me up! I appreciate the humor. I purchased it to have for this weekend since my family will be here. The disappointment is off the charts.

Even if I was a metal smith, an exchange is the only right way to fix this.

Thanks for your inputs.
Call RT, ask if you can use it? Worse they can say is no.

Call RT, ask if you can use it? Worse they can say is no.
thats a great suggestion. explain your situation and i bet they will say use it. they would surely rather you impress your family with great food and possibly sale another grill for them. than just explain how you was going to cook them food and show them a dented grill

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back