Stolen "Al Pastor" Tacos

NBK

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
All of the credit goes to @MossDarkness as I saw the post and was simply beside myself. The ugly part was I had to wait a few weeks before I had the time to make the cook.

Well, yesterday was a good day. I can't put it into words describing how flavorful and tender this was. Easy to make as well.

As noted by @MossDarkness the recipe link is here hey-Grill-hey

I didn't have a Brazilian vertical Skewer so I made my own (I like it better than the ones available at the store).

Enjoy!

Brazil1.jpg
Brazil2.jpg
20210501_191312.jpg
20210501_191300.jpg
20210501_194127.jpg
20210502_151219.jpg
20210502_201234.jpg
A1.jpg
A2.jpg
A3.jpg

Last edited:
Dman son!! That looks good...🤤🤤🤤🤤🤘🤘

Is this spicy? Wife can't have spicy. Black pepper is to spicy just a guahe as to what is to spicy for her....

Looks great! What is the spike you used on your homemade trompo?

Very impressed!

That looks amazing, who can say no to a mountain of meat!

Is there a Swiss Army Knife of BBQ gadgets, I am getting more Amazon packages than my wife! 😬

Not crazy spicy but the marinade is made with several different chili peppers.
How about sharing your marinade. The smoke looks awesome. I'm sitting here with my morning coffee (aka Covfefe) and my mouth is watering. One of the best posts I've seen since acquiring my RT-700. Looking at your workbench, I see the tumbler in the background. Hope you use that for tumbling brass with (stainless steel pins) as opposed to rocks.

Reactions: NBK
Woohoo, glad you gave it a try. Looks awesome. If you have any leftovers it makes great fried rice btw!

Reactions: NBK
My mouth is watering just looking at the Pictures!!! Looks amazing!

All of the credit goes to @MossDarkness as I saw the post and was simply beside myself. The ugly part was I had to wait a few weeks before I had the time to make the cook.

Well, yesterday was a good day. I can't put it into words describing how flavorful and tender this was. Easy to make as well.

As noted by @MossDarkness the recipe link is here hey-Grill-hey

I didn't have a Brazilian vertical Skewer so I made my own (I like it better than the ones available at the store).

Enjoy!

View attachment 10076View attachment 10077View attachment 10078View attachment 10080View attachment 10081View attachment 10082View attachment 10083View attachment 10084View attachment 10085View attachment 10086
Hot damn man. Great job.

How about sharing your marinade. The smoke looks awesome. I'm sitting here with my morning coffee (aka Covfefe) and my mouth is watering. One of the best posts I've seen since acquiring my RT-700. Looking at your workbench, I see the tumbler in the background. Hope you use that for tumbling brass with (stainless steel pins) as opposed to rocks.

Tumbler is definitely not for rocks.

The marinade is posted in several areas of this post.
Recipe

Reduce the heat but keep the flavor by removing all the seeds and veins. Alternatively you can try even milder chilis like Kashmiri or many others. Compare scoville ratings.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back