RT-1250 Stainless steel patina

wigglemans

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Is there any way to get rid of the patina? I tried member mark grilling spray to bar keepers friend please help if there is anyway to get it out!
0EACA435-DF13-47B3-BD92-6FD181CFD16C.jpeg

I guess not that long i will have to try that but I'm thinking it won't get it off

I’m not seeing anything but some BKF dripping on the front, but I know they all get patina. Most people want to keep the grill looking new, the same folks 6-8 months later look at all the patina and smile from the memories of how it got there. Just enjoy your fine grill would be my recommendation.

your grill looks great in the picture. im not sure what your trying to get off. but if it has a rainbow color on the lower half from hi heat cooking white distilled vinegar gets that off easy

If you let the BKF paste sit in there for several minutes (10 minutes, maybe?) the oxalic acid often takes off the patina.
It will also remove or weaken the surface that protects from rust. I would not use any abrasive cleanser.

On this site there was a discussion on this topic. In summary, be careful because anything with chlorides or similar aggressive substances can remove the actual natural coating on the steel resulting in the promotion of corrosion and rust.

Patina is earned, show it proudly. Only thing I clean good are my grates. I just drop them in a plastic tub of water for several hours. Clean, no chemicals. Oh, and foil on the drip tray.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back