Squirells - Public Enemy #1

Bull & Eggs

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
I have these 3 squirrels that come to my deck all day long. I dont know if its the same 3 squirrels or not. But they wreak havoc and we at my grill. They are my public enemy number one. If I lived in the country I would plink them and throw them on the grill. But I dont.

Attachments

• 20200731_172804.jpg
    20200731_172804.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 100
  • 20200731_172753.jpg
    20200731_172753.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 93
Man that's crazy. I have, I swear a million of squirrels around me and have never had issues. Sorry your having those problems... time to upgrade those wheels I guess

Of course now I've probably just jinxed myself lol

I too have lots of squirrels and chipmunk's living out in the country and haven't had problems with them destroying things, they also come up on the porch to inspect the grills but never any damage done, must be the city squirrels that have these bad habits. ?
I do have a couple of Hawks nesting just behind us in the woods, I think they help to keep these pesky critters at bay.
20190711_183142.jpg

Use a Havaheart trap. You do either have to transport them 10 miles away or drop the trap in water. I take them to the other side of a local river, maybe 5 miles away with the hope they won't swim it to get back here.

I do have a couple of Hawks nesting just behind us in the woods, I think they help to keep these pesky critters at bay.
This is a " great bonus " in the country.
Brother , in town had a squirrel that got into his Mini Winni motorhome. Basically trashed the complete inside trying to find a way out. Eventually did. Nonrepairable. He has a vendetta against them now. Don't blame him.

Two things... Squirrels are territorial. If you have 3 and kill one another will replace it almost immediately. Killing them is almost a full time job. They chew stuff to keep their teeth sharp. I have seen them chew the PVC plumbing vent pipes down to the roof. The love above ground drip irrigation pipe. Some people swear by cayenne pepper. They sprinkle it around what they are chewing. Squirrels groom like cats and after a while figure out where the pepper is coming from.

This is crazy! I never thought squirrels would come close to a grill, let alone the wheels. Of all the random things to chew on...

I know this really doesn’t help you but this is what they use on the ranch here 😉

That would work but I wonder for how long?
If it's the same squirrels each time then they may leave it alone after their first bad experience. This is a bit unusual, so maybe all squirrels aren't interested in your plastic wheels. We had a groundhog at work that would chew on the wire insulation under a few cars. They used a predator spray for a week and they didn't return. But predator spray smells bad and I wouldn't want to use it close to my deck.

This is what I use to maintain a squirrel free zone around my place.
They started to chew on the house and started a war. Here's a pic of the cute little $#!t.
Fox Squirrel.jpg

@GH41 is correct. There are more that will move into the vacant territory looking for trouble.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back