Soaked Auger

SmokeOCD

Jan 3 in Chicago and we had a 20-30 minute downpour. Wet grill, wet cup, soaked and stuck auger ( although I didn’t know that for about 30 minutes). Ya nothing really new except maybe the fix. Turn on the grill to FULl, start a fire manually in the pot. Propane torch and a handful of pellets. Once that took off I filled the burn pot with pellets and let it do its thing. In about 15 minutes the auger broke free and started pumping pellets. Now I could put it back together. Interesting shutdown, grill open the whole time, temp reading 29, so the shutdown was instant. Fans off right away, lights out, no countdown.
I’ve got steaks on now all good,

Jan 3 in Chicago and we had a 20-30 minute downpour. Wet grill, wet cup, soaked and stuck auger ( although I didn’t know that for about 30 minutes). Ya nothing really new except maybe the fix. Turn on the grill to FULl, start a fire manually in the pot. Propane torch and a handful of pellets. Once that took off I filled the burn pot with pellets and let it do its thing. In about 15 minutes the auger broke free and started pumping pellets. Now I could put it back together. Interesting shutdown, grill open the whole time, temp reading 29, so the shutdown was instant. Fans off right away, lights out, no countdown.
I’ve got steaks on now all good,
Grill uncovered during rain? Or open (why?).

Grill uncovered during rain? Or open (why?).
Uncovered, grilled steaks last night too.
Definitely not expecting a deluge in January.
Just cranked it up for the reverse sear, guess I got out of this mess pretty easily.

I just did this as well and it worked. Thanks for the tip.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back