So I got my grill delivered today…

Hey @Caps_Shield how are you holding up buddy?
Hey Mike! So I have been out of the hospital for a week now. I’m getting stronger every day. I just did stairs yesterday! My family has been great. My recovery is slow but honestly I’m trying to make it go faster. I’m not a fan of just sitting here. I have a lot of doctors to see and that is no fun.

@Caps_Shield it's great news to hear you're home and moving around. Keep at it and can't wait to see you around here more once you're feeling better.

I'm still waiting to hear your results on that new grill in due time. ;) :D

Glad to hear you are out and at home. I realize we depend on hospitals but my fingers are crossed that your will recover quicker at home. Stay strong and don’t forget the “rules“ I posted.

God bless.

So I think today may be the day! I’m getting my son and wife to help assemble the grill. We are expecting a lot of storms this weekend (Sat and Sun) so no burn in just yet, maybe next week. I’m so happy!

I also want to thank people for checking in on me. It was nice. I look forward to talking to you all about so much more in the future. This thing couldn’t kill me so now I’m back better than ever, ready to screw up ribs!

So I think today may be the day! I’m getting my son and wife to help assemble the grill. We are expecting a lot of storms this weekend (Sat and Sun) so no burn in just yet, maybe next week. I’m so happy!

I also want to thank people for checking in on me. It was nice. I look forward to talking to you all about so much more in the future. This thing couldn’t kill me so now I’m back better than ever, ready to screw up ribs!
Hey, @Caps_Shield, so good to hear that you’re feeling better and are ready to assemble your new grill…finally! You may hold the record for the time taken to get a new grill assembled. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: And, of course, for good reason!

Be sure to post some photos of your first cook. At this point, we all feel like we have a stake in the outcome. ;) You’ll do well, I’m sure. Just start with some easy stuff and work your way on up. You’ll be doing pork butt and brisket in no time.

Again, great to know that you are now out and about.

We have lift off!!!! My 590 is currently in initial burn phase! I’m so happy. I had to call Recteq for a dumb drip pan question but it is finally doing it’s thing! Man are they nice!

DABD6771-67E4-48D1-B035-DA6A8B8B7095.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back