So Close to buying

adidasnc84

As the title states I am so close to clicking purchase. I had a couple questions that I couldnt find the answer to etc. I am pretty sure there is not a pellet clean out feature, can someone confirm for me?

Also, is there a quick ash clean out or is the 1250 still old school and have to remove everything to vacuum out the whole barrel etc.

Does any current owners have any actual complaints about the grill? I am just trying to do my due diligence prior to making what equates to a $2,000 purchase after taxes and delivery. For comparison I will be coming from a Weber Smokefire EX4. I love all the features except for the grease fire one ;)

It's old school clean out.. a few nice improvements on the 1250 over the 700.

At the higher prices I would do some comparisons on other brands though.

It's old school clean out.. a few nice improvements on the 1250 over the 700.

At the higher prices I would do some comparisons on other brands though.
What other brands would you recommend that compare? Thank you for your quick reply

What other brands would you recommend that compare? Thank you for your quick reply

I'd likely look closer to Memphis, Grilla & Yoder.. yes some are pretty $$ but Recteq are pricing themselves closer to this market.

I don't have experience on them but more of would need to review them all at that pricing.

Def not Traeger.. been there.

One downfall to the Recteq is the shutdown.. it is not long enough and feeds pellets at the end. If you come from a high heat shutdown you really need to do it in stages or risk a hopper fire. Just some thoughts. They are pretty good overall just starting to pretend they are something they are not with this pricing. It's still made in China.

I'd likely look closer to Memphis, Grilla & Yoder.. yes some are pretty $$ but Recteq are pricing themselves closer to this market.

I don't have experience on them but more of would need to review them all at that pricing.

Def not Traeger.. been there.
You would put Grilla in the same category? They are a good bit cheaper at their top of the line model. I think that one is around 1,000. Yoder is on my radar.

You would put Grilla in the same category? They are a good bit cheaper at their top of the line model. I think that one is around 1,000. Yoder is on my radar.

I really don't have first hand experience with them.. I would do what you are doing here and try to get some real world feedback. They are similar.. Just my 2 cents.

I do not feel the 1250 is worth $2k.. just my opinion again.

I really don't have first hand experience with them.. I would do what you are doing here and try to get some real world feedback. They are similar.. Just my 2 cents.

I do not feel the 1250 is worth $2k.. just my opinion again.
Thank you. I appreciate your honesty. That is where I was at and why I didnt just buy it a couple day ago. It was hard for me to justify in my head the 2k price tag

Thank you. I appreciate your honesty. That is where I was at and why I didnt just buy it a couple day ago. It was hard for me to justify in my head the 2k price tag

I hear ya.. trust me.. It was not easy for me at $1200 over a year ago for the 700 and I got a free Matador with it. It's just metal with a cheap Chinese controller LOL.

The company has been starting to blow folks off they can't solve issues with but the warranty is still good if you can get them to stand behind the things that bother you. If something is obviously broken they are good. Don't expect them to fine tune anything for you like fix the app or shutdown.

If the ash cleanout for the RT's is Old School, how is it done New School?

Clean out trays that slide out.

One example on a Camp Chef

Screen Shot 2022-01-11 at 9.03.21 PM.png

Pit Boss

Screen Shot 2022-01-11 at 9.05.46 PM.png

Last edited:
One downfall to the Recteq is the shutdown.. it is not long enough and feeds pellets at the end. If you come from a high heat shutdown you really need to do it in stages or risk a hopper fire. Just some thoughts. They are pretty good overall just starting to pretend they are something they are not with this pricing. It's still made in China.
You are right. I had a hot shutdown last night and saw smoke from the hopper. I fired it back up and dropped it 50 degrees at a time to around 250. Then hit shutdown. Did fine then.

Had a Yoder for 6 months before I sold it and bought a RecTeq, reason is that I live in a dry climate and the Yoder started to rust (did not want to be in the continuous cycle of having to keep painting it), also had a bunch of hot spots which to me suck. It also doesn't hold as many pellets. There were a bunch of good points to it but the rusting issue bothered me the most.

most people here including myself like there recteq smokers and the 1250 is sweet. not sure how long you been shopping but they just went from 1499 to 1799 at new years and thats a big price increase. i predict they did this so they can run more aggressive sales. i would wait until a sale if you want the recteq. i wish it was a usa made product but i will definitely say it doesn’t have a made in china feel to it. definitely high quality grills. i like the yoders best but they will cost a good bit more and are known to have rust issues. i don’t know of anyone who has had to scrap a recteq yet.

I bought my 1250 right before Thanksgiving and my son was so impressed that he ordered one himself. I see it a lifetime grill if you take care of it. They are built like a tank, and you will not find a grill that’s not made in or has mostly Chinese parts. That’s just the world we live in for now. My 1250 has been a great experience for me and I look at it as a high end appliance not just a grill. You will go through two or three of the competitors before you ware out this 1250, and the parts are reasonable and easy to get after the five year warranty runs out. No one is standing behind their products more than ReqTec. I’m a happy customer.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back