RT-1250 So Close to buying

I bought my 1250 on black friday and I think I'm overall happy with my purchase but there are definitely a few quirks you should be aware of.

Like others have mentioned, don't buy it for the app. I currently have my rt-1250 running and my app doesn't even know that it's on. This is probably the biggest negative.

At the current price, I'd seriously give the Yoder YS640S a look or a Pitts & Spitts Maverick. If you live near a Yoder dealer, usually you don't have to pay for shipping making it pretty comparable to the RT-1250 in terms of price. Only downside is that Yoder's are painted carbon steel, so expect a lot of paint flaking off. The biggest thing the RT-1250 going for them is the sheer amount of stainless steel it uses. The only thing I'm aware of that's comparable is the Pitts & Spitts Maverick SS for $4K+, though it's made of much thicker gauge steel.

most people here including myself like there recteq smokers and the 1250 is sweet. not sure how long you been shopping but they just went from 1499 to 1799 at new years and thats a big price increase. i predict they did this so they can run more aggressive sales. i would wait until a sale if you want the recteq. i wish it was a usa made product but i will definitely say it doesn’t have a made in china feel to it. definitely high quality grills. i like the yoders best but they will cost a good bit more and are known to have rust issues. i don’t know of anyone who has had to scrap a recteq yet.
I'm pretty sure the 1250 was $1599 when I bought mine the first week in August. But still, a $200 increase is hard to take...

All of their increases are quite substantial on each grill. Much more than the 7% inflation we are seeing. I buy a lot of large equipment for work, most of our suppliers are sold out until late 2023. So they have no reason to give us a "deal" per se. I am only seeing 3%-8% increases from them. RT is much more than that.

Considering the competing Traeger Timberline is $2199, I was down to that or the RT. I would still buy the RT even at $1800
Don't leave Grilla Grills out! They still have direct from the jungle pricing, but no horns (y)

They are built like a tank and the 6 year warranty is great! Not sure what the warranty is on other brands!

As the title states I am so close to clicking purchase. I had a couple questions that I couldnt find the answer to etc. I am pretty sure there is not a pellet clean out feature, can someone confirm for me?

Also, is there a quick ash clean out or is the 1250 still old school and have to remove everything to vacuum out the whole barrel etc.

Does any current owners have any actual complaints about the grill? I am just trying to do my due diligence prior to making what equates to a $2,000 purchase after taxes and delivery. For comparison I will be coming from a Weber Smokefire EX4. I love all the features except for the grease fire one ;)
Camp Chef has a wide variety and they have the quick ash clean out as well as pellet change and they also have wifi and best of all they don't cost 2 grand.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back