Snake river farms briskets.

ModernRec

Military Veteran
Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
Description says it all, looking for feed back. Are the gold grade briskets worth it compared to a sams club prime? Am I going to be blown away after I drop $230??

Last edited:
I think I would take the money and spend it on prime briskets @Sams.

Can't say you would be blown away but they are a few steps above prime.
They do seem to cook a little faster so keep an eye out.
I would say you only live once...and if you can swing it then go for it.

It was probably the best brisket I have had. I had to trim a lot less fat off then normal USDA Prime briskets. The marbling was really nice. I will do it again but only for special occasions. Honestly, if you look at the price of a brisket meal at a decent BBQ place, its at least as much per serving as SRF and not as good. You are getting at least 10 servings out of a brisket so look at it that way.

My neighbor and I bought briskets at the same time so we got the discount for ordering more than one and we made a deal that we would share when cooked, so we each get to have it twice. I say go for it, but wait for a sale or a special occasion...like any day that ends in y.

Our Costco has been having Wagyu briskets for the last couple of months, $5.99/lb. I tried one earlier this year and I could tell the difference from the prime briskets I usually get from there. Not enough to justify the extra cost now though. I got mine when they were having the beef/pork "shortage" and their prime briskets were more than the wagyu.

$5.99 for Wagyu? I just paid $5.49 at Costco for a Choice flat!

I don't know if I've ever seen any briskets in choice, just prime. They do have the beef ribs in choice and prime though I couldn't tell the difference when I cooked them. Love beef ribs but they are so expensive and so much of the weight is bone.

FWIW, I cooked the Choice flat for last night, I couldn't tell the difference between it and the Prime I got at Costco a month or so ago. Maybe I could tell side by side, but not a month apart.

Finally headed to Costco this afternoon. This is what I found. They also had steaks, don't remember which kind, for $30/lb and ground beef for $5/lb

IMG_3782.jpg
IMG_3781.jpg
IMG_3780.jpg

Oh yeah, Prime brisket was $3.29/lb. That is about the cheapest I've seen in a long time. I think the cheapest I've seen since I started buying it was $2.99/lb.

Also, just an FYI, Costco will have their Prime Beef Loin Top Loin whole packages $25 off from 11/26 thru 11/30. I found it to be a good deal if you are OK cutting your own and freezing them. I vacuumed sealed mine individually and 6 months later they still cooked up perfect IMO.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Back