Smokin in the Great Plains

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
Well our gas grill was on its way out, and the wife and I decided that if we are going to invest in a new grill we might as well go all out and get something nice. So we are the proud new owners of a new RT-590. It was delivered a few months back, but we just FINALLY got around to actually using it this past weekend for a smoked Beef Chuck Roast (following a post I found on here). What took us so long? Well, having two kids under the age of two tends to put everything else on the back burner (no pun intended... ok, maybe it was intended). Oldest turned two over the weekend, so my parents came out for the celebration so I decided it would be a good opportunity to try it out. We were worried it wasn't working when it didn't ignite right away when we were starting it for the first time to prime the auger. It was a relief when it started to finally smoke. After that it was pretty smooth sailing!

Looking forward to years of enjoyment with it!

By the way, my name isn't really David. I'm a big Floyd fan so David Grillmour is what I named my grill in the recteq app on my phone.

Welcome to the forum!
download.png

Well our gas grill was on its way out, and the wife and I decided that if we are going to invest in a new grill we might as well go all out and get something nice. So we are the proud new owners of a new RT-590. It was delivered a few months back, but we just FINALLY got around to actually using it this past weekend for a smoked Beef Chuck Roast (following a post I found on here). What took us so long? Well, having two kids under the age of two tends to put everything else on the back burner (no pun intended... ok, maybe it was intended). Oldest turned two over the weekend, so my parents came out for the celebration so I decided it would be a good opportunity to try it out. We were worried it wasn't working when it didn't ignite right away when we were starting it for the first time to prime the auger. It was a relief when it started to finally smoke. After that it was pretty smooth sailing!

Looking forward to years of enjoyment with it!

By the way, my name isn't really David. I'm a big Floyd fan so David Grillmour is what I named my grill in the recteq app on my phone.
Welcome, fellow Midwesterner! Enjoy your grill, and enjoy taking the little ones to that fabulous zoo you’ve got there 😀.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back