Trailblazer smoker tube

You ought to cook on it a few times and see I f the smoke profile is too light for you. If so then you can add a smoke tube to see if that helps. If you plan to smoke cheese you’ll need one.

I’ll always use a smoke tube on some cooks, even if I’m not necessarily looking for more smoke flavor. The color that cherry pellets adds to pork and especially chicken is worth it.

Probably, BUT you need to use it a few times before buying one. Might suit you just fine the way it is now. Personally I like the tube, for some, they do not want that much smoke. Simply a personal taste decision. I agree with Greg, you may add a different flavor with it. Good thing is they are cheap

I’ve never understood the need for a smoke tube. My 340 creates an insane amount of smoke. I usually use Bear Mountain pellets or Lumber Jack. Tried Knottywood, but had really bad results. Bear Mountain is my go-to pellet brand and if I smoke something at 200 or 225, I get the most perfect smoke flavor. No tube necessary.

I've only cooked on a 340 a couple times - brisket and ribs, and both had plenty of smoke without a tube.
I've only used a smoke tube for cheese and cold smoked salmon (but on the 700)
My $.02

I just got one that I have yet to try out. I mainly got it for doing hotter cooks, like poultry, when 375ish doesn't produce much smoke. I also want to try out using it with cheese and salmon. For $14 bucks, I figured I couldn't go wrong. If nothing else, I can plop in my gasser.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back