RT-1250 Smoker temp reading

Numnutzme

Grill(s) owned
  1. RT-1250
Can you adjust the temp probe of the smoker temp (not probe A and B). My smoker runs about 25 degrees hotter than set.

I'm betting it's in the offset setting...
Yes, click on the red settings on the top of the screen (on the right side of the screen), select advance settings, indicate that you called customer support (don't actually call them), and it will allow you to set the temperature calibration. It is based on a percentage of the temperature setting and not a number of degrees.

I have found that depending on what temperature you have the grill set too, the difference from the actual temp will be different. Since I use a ThermoWorks Signal to monitor my cooks I usually simply adjust the RT temp setting to match what I am aiming for. If I want 225 and the Thermoworks shows me the RT is averaging 250 I will drop the RT temp setting to 200.

I have also found the difference between the RT and ThermoWorks probes will change over time during the cook and get closer to each other. If you are measuring the temperature at the lower grate level, the RT is measuring temperature about 6" higher. Also keep in mind, if you have the probe at grate level and have it set near and facing the meat you are smoking, the meat is colder and will lower the temperature reading you are getting on that probe, I do not even worry about a 25-degree difference, at the end your cook will be fine. Most ovens will often vary 20-25 degrees during any cook.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back