Vegetables Smoked Veggie Recipes?

Whitey

Anyone have an good smoked veggie recipes or suggestions for vegetables that tend to work well in a smoker? Cook times and temps?

Recently I've been putting vegetables in the Bull while I was smoking something else on low heat (225-250) just to see how it comes out. Mostly with corn on the cob while I had something else going. I accidentally left a few ears of corn in there with ribs for about 90 minutes (225 degrees) and was surprised at how good it came out, but overly smokey for most people. (The corn really picked up the smoke) I'm thinking of letting them smoke for closer to 30 minutes and then wrapping with foil to limit the smoke, but I'm interested to hear any other good recipes. I usually just butter and salt corn.

I tried some baby potatoes too, but they didn't come out well. Maybe low and slow is not the way to go with potatoes. I also tried some asparagus, but everyone hated it.

Any other ideas? Mushrooms? Broccoli? If not, I'll keep playing around and let you know how it goes. My biggest lesson learned so far is definitely do not smoke asparagus for an hour.

Usually we just roast veggies.

Get a half sheet pan and line it with foil. Set your pellet grill to 425.

Then take a head of broccoli, or a head of cauliflower, or a bag of carrots, whatever. Frozen veggies work too. Toss them with a tbsp or 2 of olive oil, some salt and pepper. Spread them over the pan. Cook for 10 to 15m, then toss the veggies. Then repeat for another 10-15m.

They should brown nicely.

So, most veggies need to be on the hot and fast side. Low and slow acts more like a dehydrator and you get a dried, shriveled up, rubbery thing. I've done asparagus, squash, broccoli, peppers, onions, and potatoes. Generally speaking, I cook them between 375 and 400 for 30 to 45 minutes. Flipping every 15 minutes or so as needed.

I also toss them in a bag with olive oil, salt, and pepper prior to putting them on. You're right bout the corn. Try wrapping with foil after you've hit it with a little smoke. Same can be said for baking potatoes.

I picked up one of these at Food Lion and it works great for veggies.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Mr-Bar-B...PmyZwtfjbibZeyYCJCQJSg2l4UiAW6C0umxoChtzw_wcB

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CRG
Back