• 2 TBSP. ONION, CHOPPED
  • 1/2 TSP. GROUND SAGE
  • 2 TSP. SALT
  • 1-2 EGGS, BEATEN
GLAZE:
  • 1 CUP Rec Tec BBQ Sauce
  • 1/2 CUP APPLE JUICE

PREPARATION
Turn on Rec Tec temperature to 225 degrees F and preheat.
Combine breadcrumbs, milk, onion, sage, and salt. Add beaten eggs. Add both ground beef and ground sausage and mix well.
Form mixture into a loaf, packing tightly. Place on a well-greased cookie sheet or mesh grilling mat.
Place pan/mat on grill and cook meatloaf at 225 degrees F. Cook for 2 hours, or until it reaches an internal temperature of 160 degrees F.
Meanwhile, take BBQ sauce and combine with apple juice. Glaze meatloaf during last 20 minutes of cooking.

NOTES: (Full Disclaimer- I got this recipe from a Traeger Site)
I actually pre-made this the night before. I forgot to take it out to warm up so I put it on cold. At the 2 hr mark, I was only at like 110°. I bumped the temp up to 350 at that point and finished it up to 160°. Great sticky sweet crust.

For a different flavor, try using Italian sausage and Italian bread crumbs.

Screenshot_20180818-094118_Instagram.jpg

I will try your recipe this time. We have another but it's more complicated.

I will try your recipe this time. We have another but it's more complicated.

Let me know how it turned out. The reason I liked this recipe was because it was simple and didn't require a whole lot of different ingredients.

Let me know how it turned out. The reason I liked this recipe was because it was simple and didn't require a whole lot of different ingredients.
I'm interested in hearing about the results too. The recipe looks great.

INGREDIENTS
MEATLOAF:
  • 2 LBS. GROUND BEEF
  • 1/4 LB. GROUND SAUSAGE
  • 1 CUP BREADCRUMBS
  • 1 CUP MILK
  • 2 TBSP. ONION, CHOPPED
  • 1/2 TSP. GROUND SAGE
  • 2 TSP. SALT
  • 1-2 EGGS, BEATEN
GLAZE:
  • 1/2 CUP APPLE JUICE

PREPARATION
Combine breadcrumbs, milk, onion, sage, and salt. Add beaten eggs. Add both ground beef and ground sausage and mix well.
Form mixture into a loaf, packing tightly. Place on a well-greased cookie sheet or mesh grilling mat.
Place pan/mat on grill and cook meatloaf at 225 degrees F. Cook for 2 hours, or until it reaches an internal temperature of 160 degrees F.
Meanwhile, take BBQ sauce and combine with apple juice. Glaze meatloaf during last 20 minutes of cooking.

I actually pre-made this the night before. I forgot to take it out to warm up so I put it on cold. At the 2 hr mark, I was only at like 110°. I bumped the temp up to 350 at that point and finished it up to 160°. Great sticky sweet crust.

View attachment 60
INGREDIENTS
MEATLOAF:
  • 2 LBS. GROUND BEEF
  • 1/4 LB. GROUND SAUSAGE
  • 1 CUP BREADCRUMBS
  • 1 CUP MILK
  • 2 TBSP. ONION, CHOPPED
  • 1/2 TSP. GROUND SAGE
  • 2 TSP. SALT
  • 1-2 EGGS, BEATEN
GLAZE:
  • 1/2 CUP APPLE JUICE

PREPARATION

View attachment 60
Doubled the recipe (why not?!) and they’re at 145 degrees. I’m gonna use the wife’s ketchup/brown sugar/ground mustard glaze. Mmmmmmm

I gotta do this...looks great!

Well, the meatloaf looked awesome and had a decent smoke ring even. I’m not entirely sure I really love this though even though the rest of the fam said they did. I think if I do it again, which I’m sure I will, I’ll crank up the temp and instead of nearly 3 hours at 225, I’ll cook hotter/ faster to reduce the smoke. I love the smoke on everything, but my brain is trying to compute it with meatloaf. I’d also add some black pepper and maybe some hatch green chili’s for a little zip. Glad I tried it. One of the two I cooked is in the freezer.

Attachments

• F5B25EE7-C17E-4BE7-98BC-6A43315D5527.jpeg
    F5B25EE7-C17E-4BE7-98BC-6A43315D5527.jpeg
    71.4 KB · Views: 129
Looks great. Not usually a meatloaf fan but im going to try your recipe on wednesday, when i get some ground beef. Thanks for the pics, that's what did it for me. ??

These look good. I have not had meatloaf in years. This would be a great way to try one again...

We do meat loaf all the time on the grill. It always turns out great. I usually preheat grill to 225, put loaf on, let it ride about 30 minutes, then run the grill up to 375 and finish it off. When the meat hits 150, I will hit it with some ketchup or bbq sauce. When the meat finishes, the sauce is nice and sticky.

Thinking about giving this recipe a shot this weekend, love a good meatloaf. May try doubling the recipe to cook one at 225deg F. and another at 350-375deg F. to compare the two to see which one we like best.
Very nice.
If you like Chorizo give that one a try too. Was a good loaf!
Great idea!

Here's my version of the above recipe. I followed it for the most part, with few additions. One hour on extreme smoke, then up to 375°F for another 90 mins or so till done at 165°F. I used 1/4lb hot Italian for the sausage, replaced the bread crumbs with crushed pork rinds and used 1/2 cup of heavy cream instead of 1 cup of milk. 2 eggs, plus 1 tsp of fine ground black pepper. I wrapped it in bacon, well because it's bacon! I also brushed it with a mustard/vinegar based BBQ sauce when the temp probe read 135°F.

Came out quite good, I'm gonna definitely make this again.

Attachments

• 20200607_185740.jpg
    20200607_185740.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 152
  • 20200607_193955.jpg
    20200607_193955.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 183
Here's my version of the above recipe. I followed it for the most part, with few additions. One hour on extreme smoke, then up to 375°F for another 90 mins or so till done at 165°F. I used 1/4lb hot Italian for the sausage, replaced the bread crumbs with crushed pork rinds and used 1/2 cup of heavy cream instead of 1 cup of milk. 2 eggs, plus 1 tsp of fine ground black pepper. I wrapped it in bacon, well because it's bacon! I also brushed it with a mustard/vinegar based BBQ sauce when the temp probe read 135°F.

Came out quite good, I'm gonna definitely make this again.
OMG sounds great.???

I'm doing the Rec Tec meatloaf and the Rec Tec Mac and cheese recipes today

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back