Poultry Smoked Jerk Chicken Wings

Gotcha

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
This my favorite way to make wings, note I use the mild jerk seasoning. They like things pretty hot in Jamaica also try not to get the jerk paste on your hands!
If you want more heat just increase the amount of seasoning for the wings.

Ingredients

12-24 chicken wings
2 T. Grace Mild Jerk Seasoning (use 1 T for 12 wings)
3 T Yellow Mustard
2 T olive oil

Brine:
6 cups water
½ cup kosher salt
¼ cup brown sugar

Directions:
Mix brine and add to a one gallon zip lock bag, add chicken and place in the refrigerator for at least 2 – 4 hours.

In another zip lock bag add oil, mustard and jerk seasoning and mix well. Drain the chicken and then add to the zip lock bag with the oil, mustard and jerk seasoning. Seal bag and mix well until all the chicken is coated. Place the chicken in the refrigerator for 4 hours.

Remove chicken from the refrigerator and place in smoker on the second rack slot from the top. Smoke for two hours at 235 degrees, remove and then reverse sear for about 2-3 minutes per side on your grill. You can also sear your chicken by placing it in a pan and put it under your broiler in your oven.

For dipping sauces, you can use BBQ sauce, Ranch dressing, Duck Sauce or Sweet and Sour sauce.

Notes: For this batch, I brined for 3 hours, then another 5 hours marinating in the Jerk mixture.

Greg

Attachments

• wings.jpg
    wings.jpg
    223.8 KB · Views: 332
  • wings.jpg
    wings.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 248
  • grace.jpg
    grace.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 234
After seeing your pics I'm adding this to my to-do recipes. Great job!

Thanks,
Most grocery stores carry this, or you can also find Walkers or Bostons Jerk Seasoning.
Greg

My ex wife’s family was from Jamaica. They flew from NYC to CA with 20lbs of jerked chicken defrosting in a suitcase for a family reunion ?. Honestly great stuff

Good post.(y) How mild is the Walkers seasoning?
Thanks Dan

Last edited:
They have mild and hot and the mild is plenty hot for us. Also do you best not to get on your hands, you don't want to touch you eyes. The flavor is really good!
Best Greg

What do you use for pellets with the Jerk chicken? Have you tried the pimento pellets?

What do you use for pellets with the Jerk chicken? Have you tried the pimento pellets?
I normally have Oak or a mix in the smoker. I did not even know they made pimento pellets. With my previous smoker, I ordered pimento wood, it worked fine, but I didn't really taste the difference.
Best Greg

I got some of this jerk sauce, Grace this morning at Publix, they had several brands including walkerswoods and I think Boston. I am cooking some chicken breasts and strips this afternoon. Trying this on the strips.
I have not used mustard on chicken, but have been wanting to, is it just for color or does it add flavor?

I got some of this jerk sauce, Grace this morning at Publix, they had several brands including walkerswoods and I think Boston. I am cooking some chicken breasts and strips this afternoon. Trying this on the strips.
I have not used mustard on chicken, but have been wanting to, is it just for color or does it add flavor?
Mustard acts like a binder, it will not affect the taste or the color. Instead of using oil on ribs and pork and brisket I use mustard. With my brisket I use yellow mustard and also pickle juice.
Best Greg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back