Poultry Smoked Country Style Burnt Ends

Gotcha

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
Last night I made burnt ends with country style ribs, my wife and I both thought they were better than baby back ribs!

Meat:
2.5-3 lbs. Country Style Ribs Pork Loin

Binder: 3 T Yellow Mustard

Rub:
Pork Rub

Sauce:
½ cup BBQ sauce (plus ¼ save for final step)
2 T honey
2 T unsalted butter

Directions:

Remove the bones from the ribs and then cut into 1.5” cubes. In a large bowl add the cubes and then apply yellow mustard. Next add your rub and then place into a gallon zip lock bag and store in the refrigerator overnight or until you are ready to smoke them.

Remove cubes from the refrigerator and place the pork cubes on a cooling rack that has been sprayed with cooking spray.

Pre-heat the smoker to 225 degrees, then place rack with pork in for 2.5 hours.

In a small sauce pan add ½ cup BBQ sauce, honey and butter. Over medium heat stir until the butter is fully melted.

After 2.5 hours remove the burnt ends from the smoker and place in a disposable pan. Add the sauce mixture to the pork and stir till the pork is fully coated, then cover the pan with foil.

Increase smoker heat to 250 degrees.

Place the pan back into the smoker for 90 minutes, then remove the foil and add additional BBQ sauce. Place back in the smoker for 30 minutes, then remove allow to rest for 5-10 minutes.

*Notes: The ribs I bought weighed 2.7 lbs. once cubed they were 1.5 lbs. total weight, made 18 pieces. You are looking for a final temp around 203-205, the burnt ends should be super tender.

Enjoy Greg

Attachments

• dinner.jpg
    dinner.jpg
    262.5 KB · Views: 181
  • burnt ends ready to sauce 1.jpg
    burnt ends ready to sauce 1.jpg
    231.8 KB · Views: 145
  • burnt ends finished on grill.jpg
    burnt ends finished on grill.jpg
    237.5 KB · Views: 149
I was planning on trying country style ribs on the 700, I will have to give this a try.

Tried this the other night, pretty tasty. Only rubbed for an hour, but turned out great. Fun party appetizer. Third cook on my new 700. So much easier than babysitting the vents on my old egg.

Attachments

• ABB2E648-AEBA-4C52-898B-F79A041DD346.jpeg
    ABB2E648-AEBA-4C52-898B-F79A041DD346.jpeg
    864.8 KB · Views: 84

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back