Seafood Smoked/baked salmon fillets

Maule Guy

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
I got this recipe from a Swinomish tribal member in the Puget Sound area.

Marinate the salmon fillet flesh side down in enough Tamari (not Soy sauce) and ground ginger ( play with the ginger to taste) to cover the flesh for 20 minutes or so.

Heat your RT to 350F. Mild pellets. Alder is classic but the "Perfect Mix" from Cookinpellets works really well.

Place fish skin side down on grill or Frog Mat. Cook for 11 minutes. Whole Sockeye or Chinook fillet may take 15 minutes but peek at eleven. Fork edge should easily go through the flesh.

Fish should be just translucent. Overcooking creates dry fish.

In fact, cooking it tonight - LOL. Have you tried the Veracruz fish/topping? I've cooked both Grouper and Halibut. Amazing....JT Chef Greg has a great video on how to make it:

In fact, cooking it tonight - LOL. Have you tried the Veracruz fish/topping? I've cooked both Grouper and Halibut. Amazing....JT Chef Greg has a great video on how to make it:
Thanks. Will have to look at the printed recipe on the Vera Cruz. I had that on a kayak trip in Mexico. It was great! In the US almost all you can find is Tex/Mex but Mexico has a huge amount of ocean shoreline so I have to believe there is a wealth of Seafood recipes down there.

Glad you liked the Salmon recipe. Hard to go wrong with a salmon recipe from a PNW tribal member.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Back