charlesrshell

Pellet Grill Rookie
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Military Veteran
Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
  2. Bullseye
Well, one of my smoke vents is broke. Has anyone repaired one before? Can they be welded or soldered? How about JB Weld?

Attachments

• Smoke Vent Broke-1.jpg
    Smoke Vent Broke-1.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 195
  • Smoke Vent Broke-2.jpg
    Smoke Vent Broke-2.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 129
If that is a spot weld that broke loose then you could just have it welded. I’m not sure I would use J B weld around food, even though it’s just a vent. It might still bring toxic fumes inside

RT is sending me one. What is a better repair for them? They look like they would break all the time.

If that is a spot weld that broke loose then you could just have it welded. I’m not sure I would use J B weld around food, even though it’s just a vent. It might still bring toxic fumes inside
Just call RT and have them send you another one.

Per Rec Tec's website:

recteq offers the best warranty in the industry at this price point. The RT-590 comes with a 4-year bumper-to-bumper warranty that is absolutely unmatched by anyone in the industry. If you encounter a problem, we’re going to make it right. It’s the right thing to do, and it’s that simple.

Looks like you get broken vents replaced for 4 years on their nickel. One of the reasons I chose Rec Tec.

I think it broke because of me messing with them too much. Trying to decide how I want to seal them. Right now I am using hi temp gasket I got at the auto parts store. I may still may use hi temp Fireblack gasket or red hi temp RTV.

Attachments

• Smoke Vents Hi Temp Gaskets-1.jpg
    Smoke Vents Hi Temp Gaskets-1.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 104
  • Smoke Vents Hi Temp Gaskets-2.jpg
    Smoke Vents Hi Temp Gaskets-2.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 100

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back