Bull Smoke Tube or Smoke Box??

pseudaly

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Maybe there is a thread for this, and I know there will be a lot of different opinions on this, however I am on the fence of either getting the smoke box for my 700 or getting a smoke tube. I do a lot of snack sticks, jerky, and summer sausage. Would love to do cheese and other things too. What does everyone think? Should I get the box or a tube??

I wouldn't mess with the smoke tube. A lot more hassle than smoke produced. I can't help with the smoke box as I don't have the experience with those.

I would recommend looking into the Big Kahuna Smoke generator from Smoke Daddy.

I have the smokebox and like it. I will often do salmon at 180 degrees on the main grill and put cheese in the smokebox at the same time. The bottom rack hits about 90 degrees which lets me do cheese for about two hours. I have the smoker and smokebox gasket sealed. This seems to push a lot of smoke through the smokebox.

Smoke Box for sure, use it a bunch, more than I thought I would.

I've used a smoke tube for years in my old gasser and now in my Bull with pretty good results. Since you are on the fence, I'd try a $25 smoke tube first before spending the bucks on a smokebox. Just last week, I smoked some salmon on the Bull. I set on low and put smoke tube half full of apple wood. I let the bull run for 1 1/2 hours and shut it down but, left the salmon in with just the smoke tube for 35 or 40 minutes longer. I did have to spritz it a couple of times, but it came out great.

I recently bought a $10 stainless steel tube from amazon. I've been skeptical. But it is really cranking out a lot of smoke, IMO.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07MYQNRND/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

20210403_134647.jpg
20210403_131242.jpg

Finished after 3 1/2 hours with the smoke tube. Much darker than without. More like when I did the salmon on charcoal in the komado with wood chunk.

20210403_152032.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WKMCD
Back