Smoke Leak?

cf110814

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
I've seen this a couple times on the bull (video attached hopefully). Not sure if it is normal or if there is a smoke leak from a place I cannot see. I am seeing smoke near the hopper, opposite the smoke stack. I don't think the smoke is coming from the hopper itself as far as I can tell. Is it possible it is from the chimney, getting caught in the gap between the hopper and the body and coming out the other end? Or is it coming from somewhere else? What do people think?
View attachment 9214

Last edited:
I've seen this a couple times on the bull (video attached hopefully). Not sure if it is normal or if there is a smoke leak from a place I cannot see. I am seeing smoke near the hopper, opposite the smoke stack. I don't think the smoke is coming from the hopper itself as far as I can tell. Is it possible it is from the chimney, getting caught in the gap between the hopper and the body and coming out the other end? Or is it coming from somewhere else? What do people think?

There is a video attached but on my end at least it is just a black screen with what sounds like the Bull running.

Only thing I can think is that it is getting thru the RTV around the pellet chute in the chamber where it is sealed to the drum.

There is a video attached but on my end at least it is just a black screen with what sounds like the Bull running.
I'll try to upload another way. Not sure why video isn't playing as I can see it on my computer...I uploaded a screenshot as well. Not as good but you can kind of see where the smoke is coming from

I see you added the pic now and can see it. Defiantly check the top hopper bolt there. Maybe missing or very loose?

Edit - The video plays fine on my phone but not in Chrome on Mac

Last edited:
I think there's 2 bolts that holds the hopper??

Did you ever figure out the cause of this? I was burning mine in yesterday and noticed the same thing. I thought maybe it was coming from where the electrical wires pass through the drum for the interior light. Didn’t think it was an issue until I saw this post.

Did you ever figure out the cause of this? I was burning mine in yesterday and noticed the same thing. I thought maybe it was coming from where the electrical wires pass through the drum for the interior light. Didn’t think it was an issue until I saw this post.
I haven't figured it out yet, but I need to do some more looking. Definitely not the two top bolts that hold the hopper as those are screwed in tight. Possibly some of the rtv gasket needs reapplying near the fire pot. I don't think it affects the cook much, but I'd rather have a tight seal. If you figure it out on your end please post.

I haven't figured it out yet, but I need to do some more looking. Definitely not the two top bolts that hold the hopper as those are screwed in tight. Possibly some of the rtv gasket needs reapplying near the fire pot. I don't think it affects the cook much, but I'd rather have a tight seal. If you figure it out on your end please post.
Found my leak. I actually forgot to put two of the four bolts in that hold the PID/Shelf to the barrel. 🤓

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 84
Hey, you found it!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FISCH75
Back