Smoke Daddy The “Heavy D” Stick Burning Heat Diffuser

Buckeye smoker

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
@Buckeye smoker the minimum 2 hours. I didn't fill up the HD. I would say I occupied about half on each side. I didn't want to risk a back burn into the auger. So I tested it at half full. The foil and the holes seem to do the trick.
Thank you I appreciate it. Been debating getting one for a CPL years now. Think I'm gonna go for it after the first of the year.

Reactions: Rev

Dougfresh

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
Regarding your HD. You didn't need the fire bricks that others have mentioned on your Stampede? I'm looking to get a HD, but wanted to know if the fit was good.
Fits the stampede perfectly. The Bull requires some adjustment due to the larger chamber I believe.

Reactions: Rev

ken g

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
  2. Stampede
I'm following Snooks lead and putting the fire bricks in RT700. The diffuser is way too close to the fire pot without them.

ken g

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
  2. Stampede
Well I tried it without fire bricks and one stick did not burn completely. About a 1/4 of it left over. Other side burned completely. Next cook will see what the adding the bricks does. Was disappointed in the flavor profile. Didn't seem to be all that much change from cooking without it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.