Smoke daddy heat diffuser

Any reviews on how well the smoke daddy works? I’m trying to get more smoke flavor.

I started using a smoke tube about half a dozen smokes ago. Much more convenient than when I was putting wood chunks on the top of the diffuser. No more lifting all the innards out to add wood. I have been using Lumberjack cherry and wood pellets in the tube. Definitely brings it up to stickburner level, IMO. One or two guys said they like wood chips over pellets in their tubes. I haven't tried wood chips, but I am very pleased with the performance of a smoke tube and my pellets.

Definitely need to shim the lid. I cannot maintain 200-225 on my bull unless the lid is cracked.

For what it's worth, mine sits in the bottom with no fire bricks and i have no issues.

Definitely need to shim the lid. I cannot maintain 200-225 on my bull unless the lid is cracked.

For what it's worth, mine sits in the bottom with no fire bricks and i have no issues.
I wonder if taking the smoke stack rain hat off would give you more draft. Certainly you could put o piece of dryer ducting on it to extend it and get more draft. I did that with my stick burner and it created a lot of draft.

I wonder if taking the smoke stack rain hat off would give you more draft. Certainly you could put o piece of dryer ducting on it to extend it and get more draft. I did that with my stick burner and it created a lot of draft.
A stick burner benefits, actually needs, proper draft. Pellet grills do not produce draft. The air in the pellet grill is whatever the fan is pushing in.

A stick burner benefits, actually needs, proper draft. Pellet grills do not produce draft. The air in the pellet grill is whatever the fan is pushing in.
Greg, since a pellet grill produces heat in the drum like any other grill/cooker, it will tend to rise and as it does, draw in air thru the fan duct, whether the fan is running or not. I'm not aware of any valves that close when the fan is off in a pellet grill.

Greg, since a pellet grill produces heat in the drum like any other grill/cooker, it will tend to rise and as it does, draw in air thru the fan duct, whether the fan is running or not. I'm not aware of any valves that close when the fan is off in a pellet grill.
Perhaps. I don’t usually run my grills under 225°, so my fans rarely shut off. The firebox has, IIRC, 4, 1/8’ holes. Not a lot of air source there to draw on.

Why use a wood chunk heat diffuser when you can add the Big Kahuna cold smoker?
CFD90A94-2BDE-4DB4-A0E2-6F39E0C94B74.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Back