Smoke Box Quality

N8with8

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Hi all,

Been trying to decide on whether I want to add the smoke box or not to the Bull. Many of the reviews on the RT website complain of “only two screws” used for installation to the main smoker body, but those are dated. And the video on YT shows four screws used for better stability and less stress on the box and main grill. Did RT change the design of the box between 17 and now? And for those of you who have the box, how’s the quality?
Thanks!

Thanks all. Two more questions, if you will…what do you mainly use the box for, and at what temps!

Thanks all. Two more questions, if you will…what do you mainly use the box for, and at what temps!
I just smoked Kosher salt and cream cheese together in mine this week, 225* for a couple of hours. The smoked salt is wonderful-I make a big batch and use it on many things when seasoning. The smoked cream cheese Is very popular now, and while a smoke box is not needed to do this, it does make a nice final product. One caution I will make is be careful trying to multitask with the smoke box. I once tried smoking salt while smoking a pork butt and the salt picked up all the flavors of the butt, which is not what I was looking for. So you can use that feature for your benefit or not, just be aware that it will impact your flavors.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back