Stampede Smoke at 400 and over.

Atxbbq

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
How much smoke smell is being produced for y’all? Not like smoke to enhance the flavor but straight up smoke. Like it’s burning stuff of smoke….

Not really sure what you're asking, the higher the temp less the smoke, especially @400, though it's burning pellets so there will be some smoke, just not much.

I’m not looking to add smoke. But at 400 and over it’s a lot smoke that isn’t great. Just wondering if I’m the only one.

Figured out how to get in 400s quickly too. Cleaned out the fire pot. Scraped the pan from the high heat burn last night. Started it without the deflector. Once I hit 400 in like 5 mins put the deflector back in upside down to burn more off. Dropped to 350 and climbed right back up. At 488 in 25 mins. That off smell and tons of smoke is gone. Thanks for the input. Guess I will start cleaning more often.

I re-foil mine whenever there appears to be a lot crap on it, or a lot of grease. Foils cheap, I buy the big Costco roll. It's wide enough for the drip (18") pan, and you get like 500 feet of the stuff.

Figured out how to get in 400s quickly too. Cleaned out the fire pot. Scraped the pan from the high heat burn last night. Started it without the deflector. Once I hit 400 in like 5 mins put the deflector back in upside down to burn more off. Dropped to 350 and climbed right back up. At 488 in 25 mins. That off smell and tons of smoke is gone. Thanks for the input. Guess I will start cleaning more often.
How can the deflector go on upside down? And what is there to burn off the deflector, mines always spotless, nothing should ever get on it?

Gotcha...
I use a old 6" drywall knife while the grill is still hot which makes quick work of cleaning the drip tray.
ThTs a good idea to. It needed to be cleaned. Won’t let it get like that again. It’s wrapped and challenging the offset at the moment with half a rib on each.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back