Small Interior Shelf

Bytor

Grill(s) owned
  1. Trailblazer
Does anyone have this accessory shelf? I haven't the need for it thus far, but was wondering if it's worth it. Does it have any negative effect on cooking times?

Thanks

I have the second shelf for my 680. I use it 4X5 X a year, and has been worth the extra when I bought it. Not sure on the Trailblazer, but if it is anything like the 680, might be something you want to look at.

I've used it (small one in 590) for full spare rib rack along with some butts. Made no apparent difference in cook outcome, since the device acts much like a convection oven it wouldn't/shouldn't make a difference. Can be handy for the occasional need for extra rack space.
butt 03.JPG

Thanks for the assistance. Looks like I will go ahead and order one. I'm sure it will come in handy.

When i ordered i got 2 right away.( Not sure if needed ) but thought if had ribs or chicken below, some dishes of sides could go on top racks. Or like Bob with extra rack or 2 up top.

I use mine in my Trailblazer when I do boneless thighs or beef jerky.

Does anyone have this accessory shelf? I haven't the need for it thus far, but was wondering if it's worth it. Does it have any negative effect on cooking times?

Thanks
I’m sure you’ve purchased your shelf/shelves already, but I have to share my most recent discovery...Grillpro 19”x6.5” warming rack a.k.a. bargain of a small interior shelf, $20 each on Amazon. RECTEC has been out of stock on their small shelf for so long I decided to shop around. I’ve also heard complaints of having to remove the RECTEC shelves to get at the bottom shelf because the legs are in the way. These should solve that issue and fit perfect.

Attachments

• EA1F58F3-D232-4E9B-AE8B-2E6B31C964C2.jpeg
    EA1F58F3-D232-4E9B-AE8B-2E6B31C964C2.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 362
  • 6660CE8B-2060-4ABB-AC2B-66147E198095.jpeg
    6660CE8B-2060-4ABB-AC2B-66147E198095.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 362
  • 732B25C3-E2BC-47D0-8668-112EF8AFE52C.jpeg
    732B25C3-E2BC-47D0-8668-112EF8AFE52C.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 348
Thanks for the information. I haven't yet used the shelf yet. I'm hoping to this weekend.

I’m sure you’ve purchased your shelf/shelves already, but I have to share my most recent discovery...Grillpro 19”x6.5” warming rack a.k.a. bargain of a small interior shelf, $20 each on Amazon. RECTEC has been out of stock on their small shelf for so long I decided to shop around. I’ve also heard complaints of having to remove the RECTEC shelves to get at the bottom shelf because the legs are in the way. These should solve that issue and fit perfect.

This is good info and demonstrates how forums like this are a good knowledge/discovery platform.

Some comments/observations. Some complain about the clearance under the RT offered shelf, but that depends on orientation. Front to back as the pic further up the thread shows will restrict access, but also offers some good options when fewer shelves are used. A single shelf mounted horizontally like the aftermarket one you show wouldn't be much different in access except for being lower to the main grate. That too could be a trade off. The RT one would offer more overhead vertical space than the aftermarket on, let's say for beer can chicken or tall roast. Options is good though............….

As for your question about Stampede size, the grate width is a nominal 30". If you've got a lead on an aftermarket shelf near that it would be an appreciated lead.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Back