Slicing Knife?

IlliniJoe

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
  2. Bullseye
  3. Matador
I did a search and didn’t come up with anything definative. So here goes. I am looking for a quality slicing knife. Been eyeing ones from Dalstrong, but I would like to see what everyone else is using and what are the goods and bads of them and any recommendations.

I ordered a Dexter-Russell boning knife and my other knives are Sam's club specials.

I did a search and didn’t come up with anything definative. So here goes. I am looking for a quality slicing knife. Been eyeing ones from Dalstrong, but I would like to see what everyone else is using and what are the goods and bads of them and any recommendations.
:LOL: I've been eyeing that Spanish "sword" version they offer.............not because I believe it might be the best slicing knife..............just because it looks so cool.

I got a Mercer 11" slicer that I really like. My advice would be to choose one with the granton divots, they do make slicing slightly easier. If you tend to do more huge width cuts of meat, a 14" might be better. Just make sure your storage will swallow it.

:LOL: I've been eyeing that Spanish "sword" version they offer.............not because I believe it might be the best slicing knife..............just because it looks so cool.

I got a Mercer 11" slicer that I really like. My advice would be to choose one with the granton divots, they do make slicing slightly easier. If you tend to do more huge width cuts of meat, a 14" might be better. Just make sure your storage will swallow it.
Lol......I was looking at it hard myself for that same reason.

Lol......I was looking at it hard myself for that same reason.
Yeah, I already bought my whimsy noif for the year (although, a new one starts in a week, hmmmmm) from Dalstrong.
Devastator.jpg

That's a typical 8" chef knife for comparison.

I was going to buy a set of Dalstrong but between covid and holidays, theres little supply and the prices have gone way up. I as going to buy the slicing knife (shogun I think) and a filet/deboning knife. Those two alone were going to cost me $150+

I ordered these from costco and it'll be here Tuesday

imageService.jpg

$99

I was going to buy a set of Dalstrong but between covid and holidays, theres little supply and the prices have gone way up. I as going to buy the slicing knife (shogun I think) and a filet/deboning knife. Those two alone were going to cost me $150+

I ordered these from costco and it'll be here Tuesday

View attachment 7986

$99
Yeah, with Dalstrong it's a timing thing. I got the NOIF above on their Black Friday thing. Everything was 20% off, then I spun their promo wheel and got another 10/15% off so the Devastator was under $50.

I have the Victorinox 12 inch Fibrox Pro Slicing Knife with Granton Blade.

Here are 2 that I have seen others highly recommend on YouTube videos that I don’t believe have been mentioned on this thread I have the Mercer boning knife. For the money you can’t go wrong.

https://www.amazon.com/Mercer-Culin...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=XN7S6QZ7WJNCSG8YBQCR

https://www.amazon.com/Hammer-Stahl...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=P8S0J26576DF7E5ZFRVF

Malcom Reed on the How to BBQ Right site has this one you could check out - safe to say that guy knows what he’s talking about. Dexter Russell Sani-Safe White Handle 12" Brisket Slicer - $19

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back