Stampede Slicing Knife?

Malcom Reed on the How to BBQ Right site has this one you could check out - safe to say that guy knows what he’s talking about. Dexter Russell Sani-Safe White Handle 12" Brisket Slicer - $19
Where might one find the above mentioned brisket slicer? The price is right.
Thanks

@Chris_G go to the How To BBQ Right website for that specific slicer. I use Dexter Russell as well (my Mercer usually stays in the drawer). Here is another resource Dexter Russell knives. They aren’t high end and certainly not as beautiful as some knives but the do a good job slicing and you don’t have to worry about them.

I did a search and didn’t come up with anything definative. So here goes. I am looking for a quality slicing knife. Been eyeing ones from Dalstrong, but I would like to see what everyone else is using and what are the goods and bads of them and any recommendations.
Got myself a Dalstrong Gladiator series ham knife. Love it. First “real knife “ I’ve bought for myself and it’s awesome for ham, brisket, and Christmas prime rib. Mmmmmm, prime rib....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 86
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 94
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 95
Which handles bark better? I was thinking serrated but they do a number on wooden cutting boards.
I have a serrated Victorinox, that I mainly use for cutting breads and at times larger cuts of meat. The Mercer Chef knife is my main go to for meat though. Its also the perfect length to slice through watermelons.

Just got this one for Christmas. Santa is the best 🎅(y)
Me too. Wish I'd have had it a day early to slice up the brisket I cooked. I did get to test it on a ham. It's a cutter for sure. Possibly the sharpest factory edge I've ever seen.

So I was going to pull the trigger and purchase this knife Victorinox 12 Inch Fibrox Pro Slicing Knife with Granton Blade from Amazon and placed it in my cart. Then I saw the magic happen.. Price went from $66 to $78 to $80 something. This morning it's back to 66 or 69 prime. Edit: $92.21 new high on Amazon.

Last edited:
So I was going to pull the trigger and purchase this knife Victorinox 12 Inch Fibrox Pro Slicing Knife with Granton Blade from Amazon and placed it in my cart. Then I saw the magic happen.. Price went from $66 to $78 to $80 something. This morning it's back to 66 or 69 prime.
The prices are all over the place for that knife. I bought mine in early September from Amazon and it was $48.

@Chris_G go to the How To BBQ Right website for that specific slicer. I use Dexter Russell as well (my Mercer usually stays in the drawer). Here is another resource Dexter Russell knives. They aren’t high end and certainly not as beautiful as some knives but the do a good job slicing and you don’t have to worry about them.
Waterboy,
I finally ordered the Dexter Russell S140-12SC-PCP 12". Thanks for the link and suggestion.

I have the 10" Hammer Stahl slicer. Beautiful knife and cuts well. You can frequently get it @ 50% off at Heritage Steel (they are actually on sale right now for $49.95).
1609440571062.png
I have their 7" fillet knife as well. Again, look for their sales. They happen every month I believe.

1609440682961.png

I ended up getting the Dexter Russell as mentioned here. Then as I was looking around I found the mentioned Victorinox new for $46 which I purchased.

Thanks everyone for your input and suggestions!

For trimming, I've been using my old Rapala 6" Filet Knife, that I've had for 40+ years
And we're waiting on a 12" Ergo Chef Slicer to arrive any day now

I did a search and didn’t come up with anything definative. So here goes. I am looking for a quality slicing knife. Been eyeing ones from Dalstrong, but I would like to see what everyone else is using and what are the goods and bads of them and any recommendations.
I use the Dalstrong Gladiator series slicing knife. The longer length is good for a variety of foods. It’s a quality brand. I believe I saved 20% for signing up for email alerts.
image.jpg

I have been looking for a good set of knives and came across the Victorinox Ultimate 8-Piece Competition BBQ Set, Black Fibrox Pro Handles. Pricing is about $186’ish and I can’t wait to get them, when in stock. All of the reviews I’ve found says they are very good knives And not outrageously priced.

1609616035970.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back