Dressed to Kill
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
  2. Trailblazer
  3. Bullseye
  4. RT-680
Suggestions on cooking skinless chicken breast? Smoking seems out of the question due to dryness.

Thinking Grill Grates on the Bullseye??

Thanks

That's typically what I do for just plain skinless breasts.. either with the Grill Grates on the Weber or on the Blackstone flat top. No Bullseye yet :).

Boil, shred, sauce, put in shallow pan and throw on with max smoke for 30-45 minutes. Then make some sandwiches!
Now that's a different idea, thank you.

I did this last weekend... I put them on low for about 30 min to get them some smoke. Turned it to 250 for about 30 min, then cranked it up to 350 until they hit 165. They turned out really good, moist and some nice smoke flavor.

Boiling food is very 1940s. Boneless chicken breast bakes nicely - or even better, cook in an Instant Pot. Then shred, etc
Tomato potato. boil, instapot...same same, just different times and temps.
FWIW, boiling with some aromatics and seasonings in the water make for great chicken, and you end up with a phenomenal broth.
We're remarkably close to the next 40's...I wonder what our ancestors will say about the "20's"?

Against grilling, but best way we've found is pound it with tenderizing hammer until it's twice it's size, dip in whipped milk and egg, then roll in italian bread crumbs and fry in a skillet with canola oil. Moist and tender.
Now that's eating!

on the grill grates now.. marinated for a day.

6882213C-5479-40B0-A46A-CEBFE0B079D2.jpeg

plenty juicy.. quick high heat seals it in

CF4D9262-A7A0-4736-8AED-100F59BBBA7A.jpeg

E6004797-777D-49C2-AF9D-5424E8F8A23E.jpeg

3BE47A6A-399E-4C5C-A94C-EC998FB56AD1.jpeg

B52D199F-FE91-48A0-BCEE-C37D5DBEC766.jpeg

Last edited:
I like doing them on the Weber kettle. I assume using the bullseye would work well. I will filet them in half to reduce the thickness and cook at a fairly high temp. Never had them dry out. Season, marinade or whatever sounds good!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back