Shut down mode

Rambo

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
so have a question, I'm new to the Rec Tec family and recently bought a RT590 when in shut down mode the fan runs for little while then the auger runs little bit after the fan shuts off. i"m Assuming this is to prime the fire pot for the next cook. can this be changed to not prime the fire pot since i always vacuum the ashes after every cook. would prefer there not be fresh pellets in the pot.

This is something that has come up a number of times. The auger is priming the fire pot for the next cook. Unfortunately it creates some issues when shutting down after high temp cooks and for cleaning the pot.

Someone was going to reach out to RT to see if this could be changed but that answer has not come back yet.

https://www.rectecforum.com/threads/shut-down-keeps-on-smoking.892/

so have a question, I'm new to the Rec Tec family and recently bought a RT590 when in shut down mode the fan runs for little while then the auger runs little bit after the fan shuts off. i"m Assuming this is to prime the fire pot for the next cook. can this be changed to not prime the fire pot since i always vacuum the ashes after every cook. would prefer there not be fresh pellets in the pot.
That's the way it is and there is no way to change it unless Rec Tec wasn't to send out reprogramed controllers and we know that's not going to happen. It would be nice if the controllers could be updated over Wi-Fi like other grills out there but for some rea$on they decided not too.

I wonder if they could do a firmware update?
The controllers are not updateable over Wi-Fi, they would need to be replaced. The APP can be updated at anytime but this is not what controls the shut down sequence. This was one of the many questions I asked Rec Tec before I bought my Bull

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back